U23s v L**ds (h)

Just now, gurujuan said:

Decent result that, can remember we bossed them at their place as well, even though they ended up getting a draw

That's right, we had a strong looking side on the face of it

But they came 4pts clear at the top and on an unbeaten run, whereas we're second bottom (!)

Good that Winnall had 70+ minutes, not so good that van Aken had to come off

Anyroad, I just like it when we beat L**ds - the occasion is secondary  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

That's right, we had a strong looking side on the face of it

But they came 4pts clear at the top and on an unbeaten run, whereas we're second bottom (!)

Good that Winnall had 70+ minutes, not so good that van Aken had to come off

Anyroad, I just like it when we beat L**ds - the occasion is secondary  :biggrin:

Any idea why Dawodu isn’t starting games more at this level? He looked superb in that first game against Leeds, and according to my mate, he’s been one of the star performers in the U18s

4 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

'Fraid not, do have game(s) in hand though ...

https://www.flashscore.com/standings/YPdwR5DK/fVHFMMoG/#table;overall

Makes a mockery of Jos’s policy of promoting so many of this group into the first team set up Can remember arguing with some on here, that in fact, most never warranted that call up. I’m all for giving young players an early opportunity, but they have to earn that place

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Any idea why Dawodu isn’t starting games more at this level? He looked superb in that first game against Leeds, and according to my mate, he’s been one of the star performers in the U18s

Maybe it's his age - he's virtually ever-present for the U18s and they're chasing the title

I'd also say their league carries more prestige (my opinion)

Strikes me the U23s are now just playing for fitness and/or individual pride  :mellow:

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Makes a mockery of Jos’s policy of promoting so many of this group into the first team set up Can remember arguing with some on here, that in fact, most never warranted that call up. I’m all for giving young players an early opportunity, but they have to earn that place

Agreed - the next step for most who've recently signed professional terms HAS to be loans out

But for whatever reason, it just hasn't happened

2 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Maybe it's his age - he's virtually ever-present for the U18s and they're chasing the title

I'd also say their league carries more prestige (my opinion)

Strikes me the U23s are now just playing for fitness and/or individual pride  :mellow:

Have any decisions been made yet about the U23s? Decisions are normally made early to give released youngsters a chance of getting fixed up elsewhere. It’s come to that stage of the season where game time will be given to some of the U18s, and we’ll start to see a few trialists from other clubs 

As an aside, the Leeds team today was a completely different eleven to the one we faced earlier in the season Seems they’ve had a big change around

Edited by gurujuan

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Have any decisions been made yet about the U23s? Decisions are normally made early to give released youngsters a chance of getting fixed up elsewhere. It’s come to that stage of the season where game time will be given to some of the U18s, and we’ll start to see a few trialists from other clubs 

As an aside, the Leeds team today was a completely different eleven to the one we faced earlier in the season Seems they’ve had a big change around

Quite a few U23s are out of contract.  Can see most getting released as we have 50 pros currently and a few of the U18s have already signed pro for next season.

Out of contract

Connor O'Grady

Liam Williams

Warren Clarke

Fraser Preston

Dan Wallis

Frederik Nielsen

Jordan Lonchar

Joe West

Ciaran Brennan

Ben Hughes

Cameron McCulloch

29 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Quite a few U23s are out of contract.  Can see most getting released as we have 50 pros currently and a few of the U18s have already signed pro for next season.

Out of contract

Connor O'Grady

Liam Williams

Warren Clarke

Fraser Preston

Dan Wallis

Frederik Nielsen

Jordan Lonchar

Joe West

Ciaran Brennan

Ben Hughes

Cameron McCulloch

Wasn’t Lonchar the big hope when he was in the U16s?