Millwall - V - Wednesday OMDT

26 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

not going to be easy but reckon we will win 2-1 hopefully 

I fancy our chances away from the bright lights of Hillsborough. Less pressure on the road.

Go down there and mug the cockneys of 3 points. Job is, as they say, a good un.

2 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

That's what the BBC page says, but they're wrong.

Our last six league games against London clubs were:

QPR (a) L 0-3
Millwall (h) W 2-1
Brentford (a) L 0-2
QPR (a) L 2-4
Fulham (h) L 0-1
Millwall (a) L 1-2

Add Chelsea for another London, though not league, team.

I was living in London at the time so it wasn't too difficult getting to the Den to see us doing battle with Millwall. Other than negotiating that horrible tunnel down the hill from New Cross Gate. We played them off the Park Hirst got two in a very unfortunate 4-2 defeat. The bad luck was to continue as we met again in the 4th round of the FA Cup. It turned out to be a great game, a 4-4 draw where we delivered a 2-0 verdict at Hillsborough. But Rolo suffered a horrible injury and it became a lottery as to whether he would be ready for our Wembley date with Man U. By the time of our next trip to Millwall they were in their new ground with an overland station not too far away, we won 2-0. But on the train we met with the threat of a stabbing with a guy waving a hypo syringe around. All things considered I preferred the new route offered by the new stadium.

Anyway tonight the Bruce Brigade are on the march.

COME ON WEDNESDAY WAWAW  UTO & DTB !    

3 hours ago, e6owl said:

Is this true? We beat Millwall at home in August! Haven't played 6 matches against London teams since then. (Just one - a travesty at QPR)

Dont know whats going on, I never quoted the above, its from sootys matchday thread?

15 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I was living in London at the time so it wasn't too difficult getting to the Den to see us doing battle with Millwall. Other than negotiating that horrible tunnel down the hill from New Cross Gate. We played them off the Park Hirst got two in a very unfortunate 4-2 defeat. The bad luck was to continue as we met again in the 4th round of the FA Cup. It turned out to be a great game, a 4-4 draw where we delivered a 2-0 verdict at Hillsborough. But Rolo suffered a horrible injury and it became a lottery as to whether he would be ready for our Wembley date with Man U. By the time of our next trip to Millwall they were in their new ground with an overland station not too far away, we won 2-0. But on the train we met with the threat of a stabbing with a guy waving a hypo syringe around. All things considered I preferred the new route offered by the new stadium.

Anyway tonight the Bruce Brigade are on the march.

COME ON WEDNESDAY WAWAW  UTO & DTB !    

I went to all three of those. The 4-2 defeat was the first time I'd seen us lose - but in my memory Roly got injured in that game and was carried off, rather than in the FA Cup game later that season.