Millwall - V - Wednesday OMDT

I don’t understand a lot of the comments and I’m. It sure what people expect. Truth is we’re not very good and Bruce has a job on his hands to make us contenders next time.  The defence is a 1000 times better than under Jos. Get a few more games under FFs belt and hopefully keep him fit and get a couple of the new lads into the team and things will improve. Certainly beats getting pumped every week. 

12 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Not sure why the two new lads didn’t come on and you won’t get me arguing about trying to go out wide, but we haven’t any wingers (u less the new lads are good) I do t know I haven’t seen them enough. 

The problem isnt the forwards the the problem is the service to them, all of them ( rhodes included ) have been living off scraps for an age, the only chances they get are half chances most of the time.  

Totally agree on that. I feel for the forwards, midfield needs addressing when we can.

On the way home from the Den. It was a poor game and 0-0 was a fair result. Think it's clear Joey and Hutch can't play in the same side but at least Bruce corrected that at half time and we were better in the second 45. Shame we didn't get to see any of the deadline day signings - think a bit of pace might have helped.

Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again Clean sheet again.....................................

22 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Red Button Roosters all too ready to Crow. Any point away is a good point. Solid at the back throughout and offered much more in the last half hour. A good few out of touch performances but as Bruce said "it's all about building a platform".

If we'd have beaten Reading Saturday this would have been a good point !

Not a game anyones going to remember,as others have said solid defensively from us,yet again Hector was by a country mile the best player on that field tonight,thought Palmer had yet another sound game tonight.Thought it was quite a physical game lots of un punished pushing and holding,a few late tackles,millwall got right on our toes,but the ref got the card out for some really soft challenges........

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Red Button Roosters all too ready to Crow. Any point away is a good point. Solid at the back throughout and offered much more in the last half hour. A good few out of touch performances but as Bruce said "it's all about building a platform".

I've always had that philosophy so happy enough with the point  but that was a poor performance tonight …….

10 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

So many people slag any of our strikers, they are not all poo, we have a group of very capable strikers, the problem is the same we have had for a few seasons and that is lack of creativity.  

Once we lost lee to the bad injury we struggled, he was the only capable player to u lock defences and he worked well with bannan.  

Until we get more creative midfielders it matters matters not one fizz who we play upfront. 

I agree and i've posted the same thoughts many times   Cannot imagine that someone with SB's experience can't already see it roll on next season just hope he has some sort of leeway budget wise to tackle it 

Don't forget that Bruce has to 'wee wee with the pot he's got, at least for the rest of the season.We were complaining that we were leaking goals as well as not scoring. At least Bruce has addressed the FIRST problem And this was the most important.He now appears to have developed a solid back 4., and from the players that were at the club. But still we grumble. It is not the full back's job to be constantly playing on the left wing. He has mifielders to do that as well as forwards, .Let's see something from the stars of the team , BB, FF,and co.

17 hours ago, BIG D said:

I don’t understand a lot of the comments and I’m. It sure what people expect. Truth is we’re not very good and Bruce has a job on his hands to make us contenders next time.  The defence is a 1000 times better than under Jos. Get a few more games under FFs belt and hopefully keep him fit and get a couple of the new lads into the team and things will improve. Certainly beats getting pumped every week. 

Maybe I'm just expecting too much, but I expect us to be able to retain the ball and not be penned in our own half for much of the first half by a team in the relegation zone, who are as toothless in attack as we are.

Far better second half, but it wasn't difficult to beat that first 45mins.

16 hours ago, Rogers said:

When we got to the play offs, it was built on a solid defence, we rarely smashed teams. We ground out results.  

We are starting to get clean sheets again, which is positive. The rest will come IMO 

The first play-off season?

We swept aside Cardiff, Forest, Charlton, Brentford, Birmingham, and Wolves by a 3 goal or more margin. Only 4 other teams outcored us to. We have some work to do before we are anywhere near that standard.

• Like 1