How many Wednesday fans are there in the world ?

20 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Is that really a site? Nothing ever pops up on NewsNow which gathers Wednesday related stuff from all around the world

We don't make the news mate, we just follow it. 

Do you really want to know that Dom didn't show up again and Paddy's HDMI cable is broken?

Edited by CrosbyKitchens

A supporter "supports" the club by going to games and supporting the club through paying and booing, the supporter is also a "fan". (see below)

A fan has a liking for the club and wishes them to do well, can be a serious liking though often causing "domestics" with excessive bouts of tantrums and sulking when results are bad.

A troll and or/a fud is...................... see boardroom section..

I'm a fan personally as The Wednesday often give me bouts of mental disorders accompanied with mild diarrhoea 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’ve always wondered why our away support is disproportionate to our home support Even pre Chansiri prices, it hasn’t been great, but then I suppose, neither has the team, though the away support held up through that period

It was the same way back in the 70's. As long as Iv'e been going the away support has been something else.

• Thanks 1

I see no reason why Owls Americas could not, and should not, contribute, don't really care if anybody categorizes me as a "true fan."  I've followed Wednesday since 1970, when a  bunch of English Doctors moved into our neighborhood (fleeing socialized medicine I now know), my Dad was a heart-surgeon, so was our most immediate neighbor, Dr. Packingham, both of whom were huge sports fans, Dr. Packingham always referred to himself as a "Yorkshire Man" and he was all Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.  Our entire families would fly over to England, when the Doctors could get a few days off, the girls would stay in London and shop, we guys would drive on up to Hillsborough...so I have been there, from 1970 (age 12) to 1974 (age 16), got to say, the stadium and pitch look a whole lot better today, at least in the pictures...and Wednesday does too.  Brian Joicey was "the Man" back then.

My question regarding legalities, has to do with accounting, would it have a positive impact on FFP to have a bunch of money come in from overseas support?  In the form of matchday ticket purchases, as well as season tickets?  Why not do it through the "smile thing" which SWFC does?  Because doing it from overseas shows just how big SWFC is, and here's an example of just how big SWFC is, at least in Florida.  December 28, 2018, burst incarcerated hernia, I'm in the Trauma Center at the local hospital, it's 3:00 AM on a CAT-Scan table, the Tech says to me, verbatim, "Sir, is that a Sheffield Wednesday insignia?"  What's the chances of that?  I've since bought him some shirts and an iFollow Season Pass.  Point?  SWFC needs to know just how much overseas support is out there, ready, willing, and able to spend some money...should Wednesday need it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

a very little known Cary Grant sequel you know?

No Crop spray chases though.

Grant was chased on foot down Dog Kennel Lane and jumped on a fast moving canal Barge and escaped out to Chesterfield followed in hot pursuit by the Kiveton massive..

Longest chase scene in Hollywood history 7 hours 45 mins ..........

dbb03d829d60d905ab09afbe367f1e3b.gif

only you could come out with that , errrrrrrr it was a broads cruiser   lol 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

I see no reason why Owls Americas could not, and should not, contribute, don't really care if anybody categorizes me as a "true fan."  I've followed Wednesday since 1970, when a  bunch of English Doctors moved into our neighborhood (fleeing socialized medicine I now know), my Dad was a heart-surgeon, so was our most immediate neighbor, Dr. Packingham, both of whom were huge sports fans, Dr. Packingham always referred to himself as a "Yorkshire Man" and he was all Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.  Our entire families would fly over to England, when the Doctors could get a few days off, the girls would stay in London and shop, we guys would drive on up to Hillsborough...so I have been there, from 1970 (age 12) to 1974 (age 16), got to say, the stadium and pitch look a whole lot better today, at least in the pictures...and Wednesday does too.  Brian Joicey was "the Man" back then.

My question regarding legalities, has to do with accounting, would it have a positive impact on FFP to have a bunch of money come in from overseas support?  In the form of matchday ticket purchases, as well as season tickets?  Why not do it through the "smile thing" which SWFC does?  Because doing it from overseas shows just how big SWFC is, and here's an example of just how big SWFC is, at least in Florida.  December 28, 2018, burst incarcerated hernia, I'm in the Trauma Center at the local hospital, it's 3:00 AM on a CAT-Scan table, the Tech says to me, verbatim, "Sir, is that a Sheffield Wednesday insignia?"  What's the chances of that?  I've since bought him some shirts and an iFollow Season Pass.  Point?  SWFC needs to know just how much overseas support is out there, ready, willing, and able to spend some money...should Wednesday need it.

try contacting Paul  Holme's at wednesdayite or on FB he should be able to point you in the right direction , Nick , wednesdayite used to be on here but I don't think they are now

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

One hell of a shopping trip

WTF:

11 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

Don't see how it would be a promble. It's just a group buy.

Of course if no-one's in the seats, then no-one else can buy them.

Contacting Paul ( @pahowl on here) at Wednesdayite would be best, as @trevdi9 has pointed out and the tickets would get the seats occupied

• Thanks 1