Nuhiu coming on as sub Saturday.

1 minute ago, Maxine said:

It's ok to criticise a player if you sit there week after week and you dont believe  them to be any good. Also we won't all agree on who we would pick to be in the team or on the bench or who to drop. 

How come we are not allowed to say we dont rate Nuhiu but its ok to say it about other players. 

Where has anyone said that ?

I dont rate Boyd .

We all know what he’s good at and what he’s not. Why get frustrated about the stuff he’s not?

Bruce will have brought him on Saturday to occupy defenders because Fletcher had ran out of steam. 

He did did exactly what he was asked of him Saturday. Drew the attention of defenders, retained the ball and one of their players bounced off him as a result.

He struggles to get off the ground because of his lack of mobility and  the attention he gets. The time he didn’t and a moan went up Saturday you’ll have also noticed their player didn’t get off the ground. I wonder why

Wish fans would appreciate individuals qualities rather than berate their weaknesses and wish they were something they’re not.

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Where has anyone said that ?

I dont rate Boyd .

Every time someone says they dont rate Nuhiu they get abuse. I dont rate Nuhiu and its a pity we didn't have Winnall on the bench on Saturday to bring on. 

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Maybe, but the only time people have praised him and gone over the top about it is prob out of retaliation at being the resident skapegoat.

Can understand if he has had a run of 5 games plus but for to single him out after coming on as a late sub and even questioning Steve Bruces decision-making just makes you sick to be frank.

Couldn't believe it when I left on saturday there were a few boos ringing out as well.

Please god no! 

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

I'm genuinely baffled as well that we opted to give him a new 2 year deal.

Barring his purple patch he's never shown any indication he can be a consistent scorer, so I really struggle to see what he brings to the side.

Another waste of money.

WE've wasted a lot more money on a lot of players who've been even less use.

He's a cheap player who is effective sometimes, at somethings. He's been here a while now and every manager has continued to play him, he must be doing something right  or they wouldn't bother.

Yes some fans went over the top when he had his purple patch at the end of last season but he did do well and after all the stick he's had I think a lot of supporters were glad for an opportunity to cheer a player who always tries his best.

2 hours ago, torres said:

What gets me about him coming on, is that we NEVER learn that he isn't very good at heading the ball.

Anywhere from his chest down, he's ideal to come on, he will give us a platform and can cause panic in their defence, but as soon as he comes on BOOM, whack it up to his head.

He can't jump, crowd gets on his back, we lose any positive momentum from the substitution!

How many headers did Fletch win Saturday ?

I'll give you a clue about as many as Atty did 

Nuhiu has the potential to be a very effective player for us. I would love to see what he actually does in training.

If I was a coach at Wednesday I'd spend an entire week just getting him to jump and challenge for headers. Even if it takes sending him to the NBA for a few days to learn to jump.

Just jump man JUMP, JUMP, JUMP How hard can it be

7 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Nuhiu has the potential to be a very effective player for us. I would love to see what he actually does in training.

If I was a coach at Wednesday I'd spend an entire week just getting him to jump and challenge for headers. Even if it takes sending him to the NBA for a few days to learn to jump.

Just jump man JUMP, JUMP, JUMP How hard can it be

Very Hard when everytime the balls played up to him the defender is trying to swap shirts with him 

Nuhiu gets nothing from refs

Goals per mins on the pitch for us:

Hooper: 195

FF: 209

Joao: 223

Fletcher: 250

Winnall: 257

Nuhiu: 329

Rhodes: 370

MM: 412

Apart from Hooper we don't do too well in the scoring stakes do we? FF, Joao and MM have often been played wide(ish) so that has to be taken into account when looking at their goal return. I happen to think FF's goal return is pretty decent given where he has mostly played but that's another debate.

One of the best ever Championship goal scorers (and our record signing) only averaged 370 mins per goal while playing for us so that's also got to be taken into account when judging any of our strikers.

I wonder why we have not really seen the Nuhiu and Joao partnership this season as they seemed to have a great chemistry when paired together? If we use the Rhodes defence of not playing to his strengths then shouldn't we use the same logic for Nuhiu and Joao? We will never know if it was just a flash in the pan or a genuine productive partnership if we don't give them a run together again. Sometimes the best (on paper) players don't make the best partnership and seemingly lesser players click.

Nuhiu cannot jump from a standing start (eg. With his back to goal) because he's a big unit and probably doesn't have the core strength and leg strength to get off the ground when he's stood. However, in his Purple patch last year he was going wide before a long clearance came down the middle and then running at it to win the flick on. He needs that momentum of running to get him off of the ground I feel.

Neither Fletcher before him, our Nuhiu won much at all on Saturday but I think that that is more down to the excellent Reading centre back Moore.

17 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Nuhiu cannot jump from a standing start (eg. With his back to goal) because he's a big unit and probably doesn't have the core strength and leg strength to get off the ground when he's stood. However, in his Purple patch last year he was going wide before a long clearance came down the middle and then running at it to win the flick on. He needs that momentum of running to get him off of the ground I feel.

Neither Fletcher before him, our Nuhiu won much at all on Saturday but I think that that is more down to the excellent Reading centre back Moore.

Spot on their centre halves played very well

3 minutes ago, squonk said:

Spot on their centre halves played very well

I think thats where we miss a trick sometimes...against 2 big centre halves we lack a bit of guile....

You look at Saturday, when Palmer twice and Fox , I think pulled the ball back from the by line...Used to be bread and butter to Kieron lee that, coming onto the ball in, or at the edge of the box...We don't half miss his runs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I think thats where we miss a trick sometimes...against 2 big centre halves we lack a bit of guile....

You look at Saturday, when Palmer twice and Fox , I think pulled the ball back from the by line...Used to be bread and butter to Kieron lee that, coming onto the ball in, or at the edge of the box...We don't half miss his runs

Not half 

1 hour ago, prowl said:

WE've wasted a lot more money on a lot of players who've been even less use.

He's a cheap player who is effective sometimes, at somethings. He's been here a while now and every manager has continued to play him, he must be doing something right  or they wouldn't bother.

Yes some fans went over the top when he had his purple patch at the end of last season but he did do well and after all the stick he's had I think a lot of supporters were glad for an opportunity to cheer a player who always tries his best.

This is true, he's been with us since 2013/14 season.

Four coaches/managers have utilised him to some extent so he must be doing some things right some of the time. 

• Thanks 1