Hector’s carpet slippers

Michael Hector has obviously inherited Glenn Loovens carpet slippers. Everything is relaxed and well thought out. He barely sprints and always looks to be positioned well just like Loovens at his best. 

Jordan Thornily has has obviously been passed Anthony Gardner’s carpet slippers because he’s as cool as a cucumber also. 

Yesterday's centre-half pairing is the most chilled out partnership I’ve seen for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having a former CB like Bruce push Thorniley through the early years of his professional career is the best thing that could have happened to him. If we somehow manage to bring Hector in permanently, we could have a stellar pair in our defence for years to come. That's the foundation of a successful team anywhere in the world.

I like Tom Lees, he's a bloody good defender, but he never looks comfortable on the ball, and his distribution isn't great

I've noticed a few teams have come to Hillsborough, and they've not closed Lees down when he has the ball, it's as though the opposition are saying, we don't mind you having the ball because we know you're not going to hurt us, and there's a high possibility that you will just give us the ball back

Hector on the other hand, he's the full package, he can defend like a proper defender, and he can distribute the ball like a midfield player

I like Thorniley too, he's a bloody good defender and with the bonus of being very young

I've not seen Iorfa, but at the moment I'd go with Hector and Thorniley

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Didn’t see the game yesterday but Been impressed with Hector all season. Really hope we can sign him permanently, with him, Lees, Thorniley and Iorfa we’ve got a good foundation of four centre halves all of a decent age for the future. 

Obviously Lees was unavailable yesterday but looking at our clean sheet record lately isn’t it amaZing what a settled back four can achieve.

5 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Lees being out yesterday had given Bruce the perfect opportunity to put Iorfa in so he must Rate Thorniley , I said previously he was unlucky to lose his place after the game at Luton .

I think the fact he went with Thorniley is bloody good management

He keeps stating in the media that everyone will get a chance

By putting Thorniley in before Iorfa, he's showing everyone that he means what he says

It's the same with Boyd and Aarons, and Fox and Lazaar

We all expect Aarons and Lazaar to eventually replace Boyd and Fox

But he's giving the players already here a chance first

Good man management

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Michael Hector has obviously inherited Glenn Loovens carpet slippers. Everything is relaxed and well thought out. He barely sprints and always looks to be positioned well just like Loovens at his best. 

Jordan Thornily has has obviously been passed Anthony Gardner’s carpet slippers because he’s as cool as a cucumber also. 

Yesterday's centre-half pairing is the most chilled out partnership I’ve seen for a while. 

You have to take into account the opposition; I could have played in that defence yesterday and been chilled out 

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I like Tom Lees, he's a bloody good defender, but he never looks comfortable on the ball, and his distribution isn't great

I've noticed a few teams have come to Hillsborough, and they've not closed Lees down when he has the ball, it's as though the opposition are saying, we don't mind you having the ball because we know you're not going to hurt us, and there's a high possibility that you will just give us the ball back

Hector on the other hand, he's the full package, he can defend like a proper defender, and he can distribute the ball like a midfield player

I like Thorniley too, he's a bloody good defender and with the bonus of being very young

I've not seen Iorfa, but at the moment I'd go with Hector and Thorniley

I’ve noticed that myself and been pointing it out to my mates for months. 

I wouldnt drop Lees though. He’s too valuable to the side. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

Thorniley is gonna threaten Lees place in the side next season if not this imo. 

I think people on here are terrifically critical of Lee's. He's generally still a steady eddy. He hasn't made any howlers of late and has been very much integral to our recent purple defending patch.

4 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Hector on the other hand, he's the full package

Héctor is far from the full package.....his concentration is shocking and he’s got a mistake a game in him that leads to a very good chance for the opposition......it’s not been too apparent for the last 2 games due to the woeful opposition we’ve played

20 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

I think people on here are terrifically critical of Lee's. He's generally still a steady eddy. He hasn't made any howlers of late and has been very much integral to our recent purple defending patch.

I agree he has, and still think he has a major part to play, however, we have for too long been rubbish at bringing through young players either throwing them in too young and hanging them out to dry or not giving them a chance.

Thorniley is one of the few that's come through in the last 20 years who looks ready both ability wise and physically, will improve us and with him being left footed adds balance. This is a prime time to get him in and established.

Is this the end of Lees, no. But will he be guaranteed a shirt as he has been in the past, also no. If we can sign Hector it would be brilliant but as for the rest of this season I would be looking at having Hector and Thorniley as my CB pairing unless one loses form.