Hector’s carpet slippers

23 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

I think people on here are terrifically critical of Lee's. He's generally still a steady eddy. He hasn't made any howlers of late and has been very much integral to our recent purple defending patch.

Not sure it's being critical of Lees, more complimentary of Thorniley, he's looked by far the pick of the young players.

For a side that was haemorrhaging goals earlier in the season, it's a nice problem to have if a defender as solid as Lees is struggling for a game. 

8 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Not sure it's being critical of Lees, more complimentary of Thorniley, he's looked by far the pick of the young players.

For a side that was haemorrhaging goals earlier in the season, it's a nice problem to have if a defender as solid as Lees is struggling for a game. 

Lees was injured in Friday’s training session by a boot to the shin causing skin puncture on his skin from the boot stud. He would have played otherwise according to Bruce. It’s not Lees’ form keeping him out, it’s his injury. 

6 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Lees was injured in Friday’s training session by a boot to the shin causing skin puncture on his skin from the boot stud. He would have played otherwise according to Bruce. It’s not Lees’ form keeping him out, it’s his injury. 

I know, just meant hypothetically after somebody commented that Thorniley's good form may keep him out next season.  Would be a good problem to have 

7 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Only thing I can say is it's a lot easier to defend against two of the worst attacks in the league isn't it? Not being negative but see how we get on against better teams. 

Like Boro'? 

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Well maybe teams that managed 2 or more against us the first time we played them. Be good to measure ourselves against them now. 

Like Boro'?  West Brom? Wigan? Sheffield Utd?

Ok, so the last one was a joke.

If Bruce decides he doesn't want ball-playing defenders then Lees could well shine again. I wouldn't write him off just yet, it's just that under Carlos and Jos his confidence probably took a bit of a hit as he was being asked to play football as well as defend.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 11/02/2019 at 03:03, Ian said:

Héctor is far from the full package.....his concentration is shocking and he’s got a mistake a game in him that leads to a very good chance for the opposition......it’s not been too apparent for the last 2 games due to the woeful opposition we’ve played

Best cb we’ve had in years mate. Strong as an ox and can play too. 

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Best cb we’ve had in years mate. Strong as an ox and can play too. 

I don’t disagree with any of that but it’s his concentration that’s worries me - assuming that’s the reason behind the number of mistakes he makes

Guest Kagoshimaowl
45 minutes ago, Ian said:

I don’t disagree with any of that but it’s his concentration that’s worries me - assuming that’s the reason behind the number of mistakes he makes

They’ve been cut out massively recently, especially since the tached one left!

34 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

They’ve been cut out massively recently, especially since the tached one left!

Yes I’d agree with that as well.....whilst still keeping a concern that that may be due to the recent standard of opposition

48 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yes I’d agree with that as well.....whilst still keeping a concern that that may be due to the recent standard of opposition

I agree with Ian here to an extent (I never thought I’d hear myself saying that), Hector does have that mistake in him and that is a concern, however, I would hope that Bruce is aware of those potential mistakes and has taken steps to eradicate them (or at least reduce them), which might lend itself to what Kagoshimaowl states. 

12 hours ago, shandypants said:

I agree with Ian here to an extent (I never thought I’d hear myself saying that), Hector does have that mistake in him and that is a concern, however, I would hope that Bruce is aware of those potential mistakes and has taken steps to eradicate them (or at least reduce them), which might lend itself to what Kagoshimaowl states. 

Don’t worry Shandy, everyone sees the light in the end ;-)

well they definitely hadn’t eradicated them in time for tonight, 2 massive mistakes that any top half team would have seized upon and slotted home....still......as they say, lucky is better than good and all that