Team v Millwall

1 hour ago, BenitoCarbone said:

He did yesterday. Because of injury of course, but I think he might make one or two changes when matches comes within a few days.

He may do. From his interview yesterday he suggested Lees may miss the next game. Thorniley did well as did Palmer. Perhaps a change at LB? 

Big problem for me is can the likes of Westwood, Hutchinson, Fletcher and Forrestieri play 3 times in a week? I would be inclined to play experience against Millwall and chance our arm more against Rotherham who I don't think are as good a side.

19 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Westwood

Palmer, Hector, Lees/ Thorniley, Lazaar

Hutchinson

Aarons              Bannan             Reach

FF

Joao

I like Joao but Fletch has to start for me, if fit, then either Joao or FF to feed off him.

Edited by doubleo

19 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Westwood

Palmer, Hector, Lees/ Thorniley, Lazaar

Hutchinson

Aarons              Bannan             Reach

FF

Joao

Not sure you can drop fletcher...he’s been superb imo.

First of all let’s not change the defence if it isn’t necessary. 7 clean sheets in 10 is it? Tinkering with it now would be stupid.

Elsewhere, if we’re going to have any chance of the play-offs we need to win a lot of games so let’s go positive...maybe Aarons for Boyd. Tempted to put Joao in but Fletchers all round play has been really good this season, and Joao does Often disappoint when playing from the start. 

Would blame Big Steve though if he wanted to freshen it up to give us a better goal threat. We’ve got to win this game and get the gap to sixth back down into single figures. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
14 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Why do you say that?

I just feel he’s a show pony. He’s all tricks and flicks yet one simple ball to Fletcher, which he saw and ignored, would have resulted in the best chance of the game. He was too busy trying to beat half their team!

20 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

I enjoyed last year's match so much, so again with the onus on attack I would like to see.

Westwood wildsmith

Palmer Hector Lees Thorniley Fox

Baker Pelupussy Hutchinson Pudil.

Obviously play Goalie Wag, let's really go for it.

Where's Dawson FFS 

11 hours ago, paulrs said:

First of all let’s not change the defence if it isn’t necessary. 7 clean sheets in 10 is it? Tinkering with it now would be stupid.

Elsewhere, if we’re going to have any chance of the play-offs we need to win a lot of games so let’s go positive...maybe Aarons for Boyd. Tempted to put Joao in but Fletchers all round play has been really good this season, and Joao does Often disappoint when playing from the start. 

Would blame Big Steve though if he wanted to freshen it up to give us a better goal threat. We’ve got to win this game and get the gap to sixth back down into single figures. 

Excellent post.

Our defence is a rock now, so leave the back 7 alone:-

Westwood

Palmer Hector Lees/Thorniley Fox

Hutch Bannan

But draws are no use to us. We aren’t getting relegated so “solid but low-scoring” set-ups make no sense.

We effectively play one up front. Has to change:-

Reach  Joao Fletch FF

442 with two proper strikers.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 10/02/2019 at 16:30, S72 Owl said:

98D73BF9-4B21-4F63-82B8-56566D80D98F.jpeg

Subs;

Dawson

Iorfa

Lazaar

Pelupesssy

FF

Winall

Nuhui

Is play this except Lazaar for Fox. Morgan was back to his woeful worst last Saturday.

On 10/02/2019 at 03:03, OWL1969 said:

I enjoyed last year's match so much, so again with the onus on attack I would like to see.

Westwood wildsmith

Palmer Hector Lees Thorniley Fox

Baker Pelupussy Hutchinson Pudil.

Obviously play Goalie Wag, let's really go for it.

Come on mate don’t be daft, you’ve got to include Van Aken in there.

lol 

Cant see too many changes particularly defensively, millwall are strong in the air which means making changes like putting a small foreign left back in over fox who for his flaws is strong in the air are not really wise. Same logic will probably apply to keep boyd in and at least one of nuhiu or fletch. I'd probably just swap ff for joao and go with the same team again injuries aside, bring the pace of ff and aarons on as they're tiring. 

Edited by trask43