Thinking Out Loud

By profession I am a nurse and have no business sense or experience of any kind.

Thinking out loud at ways to try and beat FFP and I have to be honest I don't understand a lot about it other than we are allowed to make a loss of 39m over 3 seasons.

If the problem is we are simply up to our limit and DC has/willing to invest more money then could he not go to his dad who is very very wealthy in his own right, give him say 50m of his own money and ask his dad to reinvest this in the club ie TUF have bought a 3rd of the club assuming the club is valued at 150m.

Also by give Chansiri snr the option to be the club sponsor and have naming rights to the ground, done through the back door by DC.

Woulds this help with FFP or am I talking out of my ring.

I'll put my tin hat on and wait for the response lol

Edited by Blue and white

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

By profession I am a nurse and have no business sense or experience of any kind.

Thinking out loud at ways to try and beat FFP and I have to be honest I don't understand a lot about it other than we are allowed to make a loss of 39m over 3 seasons.

If the problem is we are simply up to our limit and DC has/willing to invest more money then could he not go to his dad who is very very wealthy in his own right, give him say 50m of his own money and ask his dad to reinvest this in the club ie TUF have bought a 3rd of the club assuming the club is valued at 150m.

Also by give Chansiri snr the option to be the club sponsor and have naming rights to the club, done through the back door by DC.

Could I make a polite suggestion? 

Stick to the day job!

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I expect we will see a major clear out in the summer.  

Plenty of expiring contracts.  

I think that will be the time when we make some serious changes to the way we will set up next season.  

Definatly, I can see a fair few high earners ie Abdi, Jones, Hooper, Lee etc going and the possible sales of a couple star players Bannan, Reach or Nando.

However there has still got be a way we can get round FFP.

We need to be very careful because as I understand it Birmingham are going to be hit with a hefty points deduction. For me, the best policy now is to show willing to comply with the rules and consolidate after this summer until we are allowed to go big again. I would take sticking around in Championship mid table for a few years before a huge well informed push for premier league again. 

Edited by Mystic Neg

22 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I have no idea but I'd happily discuss my ingrowing toenail over several pints of Little Creatures IPA. lol

I'll take you up on that offer, however I'm more of a Speights ultra low carb drinker these day owing to my wife who thinks I have piled on weight and encouraged me on to the keto diet.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I'll take you up on that offer, however I'm more of a Speights ultra low carb drinker these day owing to my wife who thinks I have piled on weight and encouraged me on to the keto diet.

Forget my toenail you can enlighten me on the keto diet as I'm in the exact same boat.... lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Forget my toenail you can enlighten me on the keto diet as I'm in the exact same boat.... lol

You and your good wife should come around for a bbq and i'll introduce you to the delights of the keto diet, fat, protein, leafy greans and ultra low carb beer. I'm almost down 2st in 5 weeks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Just heard the Brum case is about to be settled....9pt deduction, no fine. (not confirmed btw)

Birmingham will no doubt make an appeal / legal challenge.

Just wonder how close we are to the Brum situation...£5M £10M ?

I'm not sure of Birminghams level of overspend but I think the EFL's issue with Birmingham is that they'd agreed a plan moving forward with the club which included allowing them to sign 3 or 4 players on free transfers to take them up to the minimum of 24. Birmingham did this but then went a paid a fee to sign a player over & above the number the EFL specified.

If they get a 9 point deduction it will be implemented this season but if they appeal & it drags on they might be starting next season on minus points.

21 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

You and your good wife should come around for a bbq and i'll introduce you to the delights of the keto diet, fat, protein, leafy greans and ultra low carb beer. I'm almost down 2st in 5 weeks.

That sounds like a great plan. I can't believe that weight loss, impressive.

30 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Just heard the Brum case is about to be settled....9pt deduction, no fine. (not confirmed btw)

Birmingham will no doubt make an appeal / legal challenge.

Just wonder how close we are to the Brum situation...£5M £10M ?

Bonus, that moves us up a position in the table. 

9 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Also by give Chansiri snr the option to be the club sponsor and have naming rights to the ground, done through the back door by DC.

I think that can be filed under the ‘fraud’ category