Fox...... Cannot start again!

Bloke behind me on kop last home match was constantly talking crap.

He went one too far - after slagging fox off for the 50 or so time in the match I turned round and asked him what he was on.   He said he pays his money, he can have his say.

I asked him why i've not seen him before this season.  

He shut up.

Shame you can't say that to most on Owlstalk, because quite frankly - they lie and say they attend matches.  

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

He went one too far - after slagging fox off for the 50 or so time in the match I turned round and asked him what he was on.   He said he pays his money, he can have his say.

He shut up.

Shame you can't say that to most on Owlstalk, because quite frankly - they lie and say they attend matches.  

You sound like Fox’s Dad!

On 10/02/2019 at 10:11, BC1867 said:

Lots of comments in here focussing on this game or the last two like that’s the only thing we can look at to assess players. Seems totally counterintuitive to me. I want Fox to do well like any other player and, whilst I agree he does not deserve to be a scapegoat, I am not going to delude myself he is even an adequate squad player; he isn’t, like many other of our players.

Transfer business since Wembley has been flipping woeful. That’s the real thing to blame. As for Fox never starting again like OP says, it’s up to Penney and/or the new loanee to displace him. Quite why they are finding it so difficult probably reflects that they may be sub-standard too. We can’t really blame any of them if so but hope SB can see the glaring deficiencies in our squad and can only hope DC sorts the money situation so he can actually resolve them. 

Are you actually saying that Fox cant be a good player and his improvement is meaningless because he has played some bad games. ???????

On 12/02/2019 at 21:25, Salmonbones said:

He shut up.

Have you remembered 20,000 people’s faces? 

On 12/02/2019 at 16:49, theowlsman said:

I’m going to show you all what I’m about. Without a doubt, when tonight’s game has finished, I shall be named woodland animal of the match.

Unless Squirrel Regis’s nephew is playing up front. Or Len Badger’s grandson.

Pretty sure a great-grandson of John O’ Hare scored the winner.

On 12/02/2019 at 17:27, pgmetcalf said:

Fox is one of the most improved players in recent weeks, possibly the most improved 

He had a long way to come from. He may have got better but he is not good enough. It’s as simple as that. How long did it take Bruce to realise he needed to sign two full backs. He will be gone in the summer if we can find a taker. 

Fox will retain his place today and deservedly so. He will also be retained as next few years could see him really kick on

Enda Stevens at a similar age was playing in League 2 and is now one of the best left backs in the championship. Fox could go the same way, strong, good in the air and got a great left foot. He and his position is not key in determining if we have a squad capable of challenging at the top end of this league

Edited by Ash76

20 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Fox will retain his place today and deservedly so. He will also be retained as next few years could see him really kick on

Enda Stevens at a similar age was playing in League 2 and is now one of the best left backs in the championship. Fox could go the same way, strong, good in the air and got a great left foot. He and his position is not key in determining if we have a squad capable of challenging at the top end of this league

Will he keep is place today not so sure having watched lazaar mid week I would give him a go