Fox...... Cannot start again!

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Why would you change the uninjured full-back in a side which has kept 3 clean-sheets?

We were conceding an average of two per game.

Well one reason might be if you could find someone who can defend at least as well as Fox but offered more threat going forwards. Best of both worlds. 

IMO Fox is just not championship standard and never will be.

But to be fair to him he has stayed fit and kept going despite crowd pressure at times.

The question for me is who on earth decided it was a good idea to buy another fullback from Charlton reserves for 3/4 million on a 2.5 year deal...what did they think he was going to bring?? Simply fkn madness

I'm sure come august he won't be SBs first choice left back. Backup cover at best

Fox has been fine lately. To say that he isn't championship standard is crazy as he is performing consistently in a championship side. Whether he is of the quality required for a championship team pushing for promotion is another question. In that respect he is no worse than many of our other players where there is question marks over whether they are good enough.

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

Well one reason might be if you could find someone who can defend at least as well as Fox but offered more threat going forwards. Best of both worlds. 

Agreed. But I don’t think we have such an animal.

11 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Knew this was gonna come up. Not sure how fox got blame for that at all.

He passed the ball to Thorniley who for some reason just left it. 

Hector did it earlier in the half, passed the ball very similar to Palmer who had the presence of mind to not leave the ball.

Thanks for that response, I just couldnt he bothered to reply to him. People see want they want to see, not what actually is happening.

On 10/02/2019 at 10:11, BC1867 said:

Lots of comments in here focussing on this game or the last two like that’s the only thing we can look at to assess players. Seems totally counterintuitive to me. I want Fox to do well like any other player and, whilst I agree he does not deserve to be a scapegoat, I am not going to delude myself he is even an adequate squad player; he isn’t, like many other of our players.

Transfer business since Wembley has been flipping woeful. That’s the real thing to blame. As for Fox never starting again like OP says, it’s up to Penney and/or the new loanee to displace him. Quite why they are finding it so difficult probably reflects that they may be sub-standard too. We can’t really blame any of them if so but hope SB can see the glaring deficiencies in our squad and can only hope DC sorts the money situation so he can actually resolve them. 

I agree that it's down to Penney to displace him and I suspect that next season he will, but Penney is out injured until April so I wouldn't say Fox's run in the team reflects badly on him at present.