Fox...... Cannot start again!

Despite SB being happy with another clean sheet (as I am too) Fox has demonstrated today his many inadequencies. Distribution poor. Aggression non existent attacking potential nil. Each time I looked at SB when Fox was involved I could see him wince. I have every faith in SB as we move forward. Fox has to disappear quickly! 

• Like 1

Fox is good in a game where you have to get a clean sheet. He is a solid defender. 

But when the onus is on us to attack and create something, he doesn't offer anything worthwhile. 

Maybe that new lad will Lazaar will start on Tuesday. 

I completely disagree, he was assured and confident today, but somewhat exposed by Boyd's poor showing. 

The only issue was how isolated he was with Boyd on, this seemed to be a concern when Aarons came on as he had a few chances to get up and support and held back. 

The Steve Bruce comment is a complete lie too. No way could you have seen as he was on the touchline all game, unless you had binoculars and sat on the North facing the dugout? In which case why were you watching Bruce's face instead of the game? maybe you were just looking for confirmation of your bias against Fox. 

• Like 1

The lad is a poo player. Looks like a fan has a won a prize of playing with the team for a game each time he plays. No instinct or drive. The defence and Westwood constantly throw him looks of disbelief and have no confidence in him. I can quite believe he doesn’t know why we bought him and it’s not really his fault we did but he is nowhere near good enough. Full back and out wide has needed a revamp since Wembley. But we’ve actually gone backwards in these areas and it shows.

Maybe if you'd looked at Fox's performance a bit more rather than trying to analyse our manager's facial expressions from afar, you'd have seen him put in a solid if unspectacular performance.

He certainly doesn't warrant this thread being written about him on the basis of today's game.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I personally thought he looked a nervous wreck at times. He seems to lack the “picture” of the game around him, almost at times looking surprised when he receives it, then his thinking time leaves him exposed or flat footed.

No qualms about his commitment and effort but not at the standard required in for league in my opinion.