It’s sickening

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Good advice. I wouldn’t say I’m sane though. 

I would, through my in depth examination of your post, I conclude that you are as sane as the next Wednesday supporter.

Hope this is a comfort to you, but I would recommend further analysis on your bouts of highs and lows, 

is there anything your not telling me?

Zero point calling players out. Unless a miracle happens we arnt going anywhere this season. Lets get this season out the way. Fresh start next season. 

Expectations are set far far to high. Plus it could be like this for at least another season. 

Edited by Maddogbob

15 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

If he was that good then other clubs would want him,he's crap and needs to go 

That’s fantastic reasoning. I take it that Hutchinson is crap and needs to go, Westwood is crap and needs to go, Lees is crap and needs to go, Bannan is crap and needs to go, Forestieri is crap and needs to go, Fletcher is crap and needs to go. There’s no evidence that any other clubs want them. 

You just don’t like Nuhiu full stop. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I would, through my in depth examination of your post, I conclude that you are as sane as the next Wednesday supporter.

Hope this is a comfort to you, but I would recommend further analysis on your bouts of highs and lows, 

is there anything your not telling me?

I like to trap my gonads in my sock drawer when I’m feeling frustrated. I find it quite soothing. That’s not weird is it? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

No. It really does sicken me. 

I suggest you leave this forum for your health then

players have been critised by their fans since football began

match of the day must be a stressing time for you x

46 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

That’s what I love about this forum, there’s loads of people telling other people to shut up and not have a opinion. 

I mean we we need more of these op,s and posters because there’s too much opinion and views on forums for my liking, that’s not what a forum is for. 

Thanks for letting everyone know Shandypants or should I say mein fuhrer lol 

I’m not against people expressing opinions. I’m saying that scapegoaters p155 me off with their petty loathing of certain players. I can’t stop anybody from posting what they want but I don’t have to agree with them. Palmer and Fox are playing really well but the usual suspects keep having a go. Nuhiu isn’t playing as good as he has previously but he’s been hammered today against a 9 (last 5 and 4 stoppage time) minute performance. You can’t have any thread on here to discuss certain players without someone hijacking it with unreasoned claims about players. 

I’ll let you into a secret; I don’t rate some of our players but if I criticise any I try to state why rather than saying rhubarb like “someone would have bought him by now if he’s that good” or “he’s still with us because he’s that bad we can’t get rid of him” or similar blinkered or binary tripe. 

Weve just recruited arguably the best manager in the Championship in the last 20 years who chose to play Palmer and Fox yet still certain OwlsTalkers peddle their negative tripe about these two. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 1

I was watching the game on iFollow today, and you could hear player's being derided from a small, but quite vocal minority in the crowd.

George Boyd's name in particular kept being sounded out, to the point one bloke was screaming at Steve Bruce to 'get him off'.

Found it quite puzzling tbh - game was at 0-0, not much to choose between the 2 sides, but yet one/two players were in some people's minds having that much of a negative impact on the game that they shouldn't be on the pitch. 

People are rightly entitled to a point of view on players, management and the club, but all too often that opinion is just about wanting to have their own way or just be right about what they think, not what benefit's the team. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

But it would seem you are against them expressing their views, hence the original post. But that’s their choice, that’s what a forum is for. If everyone came on aand posted the same views it wouldn’t work. 

I would much much rather people give their views on here than boo them at a match, that’s what makes football, things like that used to be discussed in the pubs, now it’s on forums, that’s life mate

In my OP, I said they p155ed me off. I don’t agree with what everyone says but I’d fight for the right for them to say it - I won’t sit back and say fvvck all if I don’t agree. It fvvcks me off when people scapegoat players and it’s even more frustrating when said players have clearly improved and are playing well. For example, Palmer could have easily have been our MoM in the last three games but he’s still accused of being 5h1t. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Today at the match i sat in front of a guy who was on his phone for the first 25 minutes. a guy a few seats behind me moaned about every backwards pass. A fella a few seats down on my row insisted on shouting instructions to hutchinson every 5 minutes. 

There are posters on here who are so confrontational and aggressive in general that away from the keyboard they're probably getting pegged every week by their Mrs and on here it's just deflection from their weakness and inevitable prolapse. 

Most people are weird, especially on the internet. Once you realise and accept that and just get on with your life, it all becomes much easier.

Funny thing, on iFollow, I hear the "same" two guys, shouting much the same, over the voices of Pearson & 0'Neil, whom even mentioned it today.  Same two voices, every match, hat's off to them, they're at Hillsborough for every single home game, and probably away games too, while I sit in Florida, watching on the "smart TV."  

Yes, there is the whole internet conversation thing, people say things without thinking, because it's so easy to type one's thoughts as quickly as these thoughts appear in one's mind....Best to sleep on it, consider it again the next day, when the initial reaction has been digested.  

Learn a lot from Owlstalk, I do...and it's always after everybody has calmed down.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

I was watching the game on iFollow today, and you could hear player's being derided from a small, but quite vocal minority in the crowd.

George Boyd's name in particular kept being sounded out, to the point one bloke was screaming at Steve Bruce to 'get him off'.

Found it quite puzzling tbh - game was at 0-0, not much to choose between the 2 sides, but yet one/two players were in some people's minds having that much of a negative impact on the game that they shouldn't be on the pitch. 

People are rightly entitled to a point of view on players, management and the club, but all too often that opinion is just about wanting to have their own way or just be right about what they think, not what benefit's the team. 

Boyd was worse live than on ifollow mate. 

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I suggest you leave this forum for your health then

players have been critised by their fans since football began

match of the day must be a stressing time for you x

I wouldn't have thought so, we haven't been on it for 20 years. 

3 hours ago, shandypants said:

People on here still fvvcking scapegoating certain players that either played well today or didn’t have the opportunity to perform. Some silly fvvckers have even been saying that Bannan’s overrated. 

We’re starting a new era under a new manager - a good manager that knows his stuff. He’ll pick the right team that contains the right players available to him. 

Fvvcking keyboard wariors and trolls really Fvvck me off. 

It is a forum and is about opinions. People see things differently, and whilst you personally may not agree, to call some of those people what you have done, smacks a bit of petulance, but hey ho. 

Oh, Bannan in my opinion was dog s**t today, just my observation of course.

1 hour ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

It is a forum and is about opinions. People see things differently, and whilst you personally may not agree, to call some of those people what you have done, smacks a bit of petulance, but hey ho. 

Oh, Bannan in my opinion was dog s**t today, just my observation of course.

Like so many responders today, you miss my point. It’s not the people that see things differently and point it out and discuss it, it’s the people that just peddle the same trash about the same players constantly. The people that scapegoat certain players. Bannan was 5h1t today imho but only in the second half but Fox was good and Palmer was excellent but the same old people have been on here tonight stating they’re 5h1t without starting why other than “tired” arguments like “he can’t cross” and “just because he’s been good today doesn’t mean he’s not 5h1t”. 

9 hours ago, shandypants said:

People on here still fvvcking scapegoating certain players that either played well today or didn’t have the opportunity to perform. Some silly fvvckers have even been saying that Bannan’s overrated. 

We’re starting a new era under a new manager - a good manager that knows his stuff. He’ll pick the right team that contains the right players available to him. 

Fvvcking keyboard wariors and trolls really Fvvck me off. 

15C5E9A0-04F6-49C4-AEE3-002BD09120A4.gif