Palmer and Fox are not good enough Bruce as recognised this and brought in 2 full backs but because we have been in decent form defensively and he’s an experienced manager he’s not made wholesale changes straight away , risking Isolating players. Palmer and Fox’s days are numbered as first teamers. They have both improved recently but are still short of the level we need 

25 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

That's about 2 half decent games in the last 3yrs. As someone mentioned earlier, his contract is up at the end of the season, maybe he's decided to up his game to get a renewal.........another chancer aka big Dave. Hopefully Bruce will have ample time to see the "real" Palmer.

No it’s not. Palmer has played well for the vast majority of the season. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Like I've said before, the Palmer trolls are a dedicated bunch. Bump any Palmer thread you want and you will find the same posters spamming it, telling us how crap he is. 

And they call themselves fans. 

You realize these so called ‘Palmer Trolls’ are posting in equal amounts on threads about other players too, right?

Not sure why different opinions are so hard for you to tolerate when it comes to your favourites.

It’s a bit strange.

2 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

Palmer and Fox are not good enough Bruce as recognised this and brought in 2 full backs but because we have been in decent form defensively and he’s an experienced manager he’s not made wholesale changes straight away , risking Isolating players. Palmer and Fox’s days are numbered as first teamers. They have both improved recently but are still short of the level we need 

I hope they keep improving, Palmer is showing more attacking intent this season and we've been fairly solid recently with both of them in the back 4

11 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

I think this sums it up perfectly. Good post.

Palmers been very good this season and should never have been out of side for baker. Is he best right back in league? No. Is he a capable right back? Yes. He gets stick for crossing yet delivered 4 5 great balls into box yesterday and if were clinical we would have scored. As for the left hand side of pitch!!! Yes we need competition for Palmer and we've just signed it. Another contract is a no brainer. Spending our limited cash on a right back is not the answer

13 minutes ago, Spidersblade said:

Palmers been very good this season and should never have been out of side for baker. Is he best right back in league? No. Is he a capable right back? Yes. He gets stick for crossing yet delivered 4 5 great balls into box yesterday and if were clinical we would have scored. As for the left hand side of pitch!!! Yes we need competition for Palmer and we've just signed it. Another contract is a no brainer. Spending our limited cash on a right back is not the answer

Spot on. 

I'd guve him a 3 year contract. 

5 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Palmer dont play centre half 

5 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

So doesnt iorfa lol

Yes he does. Listen to the interview that Iorfa gave on signing. He doesn’t see himself as a right back - he see himself a centre-half. (I’m paraphrasing here but) he wants to continue as a centre-half and saw his time as right back as a temporary situation. 

You can't fault Palmer for his effort.

But he lacks the pace needed and is the worst crosser in the team.

At least Fox can deliver a ball

Guest Kagoshimaowl
13 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Palmer dont play centre half 

Iorfa will play at right back until we switch to three centre halves later in the season or after the summer. It’s obvious that’s what Bruce wants  to do.

Biggest criticism of Palmer is that he doesn't sense danger well enough, you can tell he used to play in the midfield as he's neat and tidy but he just doesn't have the defensive instinct.

I think we'll be playing Iorfa there soon, saying that Baker didn't do too well so I can certainly see us offering Palmer a deal in the summer.