A Look To Next Season.

43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Whilst we do need to give Bruce time to forge a squad that can challenge, we should be wary of trotting out all the “time to rebuild” cliches Look across the city at Wilder has done, starting from a lot lower base than Bruce will. We have the nucleus of a good squad, and with a few new additions, there will surely be enough talent at his disposal

Agree 100%.  Bruce isn't wasting any time though, he's already introducing the Squad to his version of attacking football, and has managed to attract some quality loans and one signing, when everybody said such was impossible.  Come next season, Bruce won't be figuring things out, the Players & plan will be in place, he's working it out right now.  Give a guy like Bruce 15 games during which to study the Squad, and he won't waste the opportunity, because I think by Summer, he'll already have his 2019-20 Squad worked out, and he'll use the off-season to get them working as a coherent unit.  This is my first impression of Steve Bruce, oh, and he does handle the Media well doesn't he?  

No, Bruce doesn't mean instant promotion, or promotion at all, but I do like his attitude, and the Players are starting to look alive.  I already like next season, FFP be damned, we have enough talent, and Bruce is now figuring out who's who, and what they can do.  

Its all a bit up in the air at the moment.

Ideally player wise you'd look to have a strong spine in place and then build round it. Were looking better at the moment and will only improve when fitness gets better and Bruce gets his style across more.

Westwood

Hector Thorniley

Hutchinson

Forestieri

That's a decent start but if you look at next year Westwood Hector may not be here, and Forestieri may be sold. Gonna be hard.

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

Its all a bit up in the air at the moment.

Ideally player wise you'd look to have a strong spine in place and then build round it. Were looking better at the moment and will only improve when fitness gets better and Bruce gets his style across more.

Westwood

Hector Thorniley

Hutchinson

Forestieri

That's a decent start but if you look at next year Westwood Hector may not be here, and Forestieri may be sold. Gonna be hard.

Added to which Hutch is good for about 15 games a season with injuries and suspensions

If we are not under an embargo at the end of the season and we are able to rebuild the squad I think some difficult decision need to be made. Not just with the players out of contract but also the senior pro's on the whole not doing the job we want of them.

We have 11 players out of contract of them maybe only Palmer, Westwood and maybe Preston should be here next season the rest will be a welcome removal of about £7.5m - £10m in wages depending who you speak with.

Then the likes of Lees, Bannan, Reach, Forestieri need looking at Lees is no captain and until recently his form has been awful, Hector has shown want you can get and if Venancio is still available at less than £1m should we not get rid of Lees and use the funds to sign the other 2. Reach has scored some good goals but in the last 2 months has really dropped off when he should be showing the new manager what he is all about, the same can be said of Bannan he simply for a central midfielder creative player does not score or create enough chances. Compare him to Hourihane, Powell, Dack all creative central midfielders all performing a lot better than Bannan - Powell will be a free agent in the summer is now the time to cash in on Bannan and bring in someone who will only get better and also provide the missing goals from midfield. Finally we have Fessi he missed 36 games last season through injury this season he has made just 8 starts and 6 sub appearances - he has 12 month in the summer left of his contract should we hope Bruce can get the best out of him or trade him in for a few million and either use what we have in Winnall and Joao or look for an improvement.

For me I am happy I am not the one needed to make the choices, but if we start next season with the same first 11, we will continue to stagnate.

For me first game of the season I would love our line up to be

Westwood

DaSilva (Chelsea - loan/fee) Hector/ Venancio/ Iorfa

Reach/ Powell (Wigan free)/ Hutch / Maddison (Peterboro free)

Jaoa/Wickham (season loan)