A Look To Next Season.

Whilst the play offs are still a mathematical possibility we have to believe and back the lads,  Bruce has come in a at difficult time, followed a complete muppet and has his work cut out, however you could say he has a free shot at it this year.

I'm starting to glance an eye at next season and am full of hope, excitement and renewed optimism at the prospect of our manager starting the much needed rebuild of the team, we all know the squad needs trimming, we all no some players aren't good enough or it just hasn't happened for them here and need to move on and we know Bruce is the man to do it.

Personally I'd like to see Westwood and Hector stay and with regards to the rest, what will be will be.

One thing I do know, we will be a top 6 team again in the next 2 seasons.

In Bruce we trust.

Edited by Blue and white

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I like the way that Bruce is trying to get us playing.

A little more direct, a little more tempo and lots of focus on recycling moves...

But, next year is going to be a hard year I think. I can’t say I’m too optimistic. Bruce will need time to re-build this house of sand

We all know there are financial restrictions but we are in good hands, I feel few of our star players will be sold to ease the burden of FFP.

We may not be top 6 next season but the rebuild will definatly under way.

Watch us go the season after.

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

A little more direct, a little more tempo and lots of focus on recycling moves...

But, next year is going to be a hard year I think. I can’t say I’m too optimistic. Bruce will need time to re-build this house of sand

I suspect you're right.

As much as I'd love for Bruce to have us competing at the right end of the table next season, the rebuild has been due since Carvalhal left, and Luhukay was able to achieve very little towards that end, for whatever reason.

Patience may be needed.

Just now, Sonny said:

The way Palmer is playing we’d be mad not to offer him a contract, especially considering he’ll be about all we’ll be able to afford.

Over the last 2 months or so nobody can have any complaints about his performances 

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I suspect you're right.

As much as I'd love for Bruce to have us competing at the right end of the table next season, the rebuild has been due since Carvalhal left, and Luhukay was able to achieve very little towards that end, for whatever reason.

Patience may be needed.

It is and I certainly hope he gets it because he is the man that is going to turn this around and move us forward.

• Like 1

Well, I'm sure yesterday gave him plenty of food for thought. 

We need to press the reset button in the summer. 

It's time for a clearout and a fresh start. 

Yes, there are some good players there, but collectively they have flattered to deceive for far too long now. Me and my mate were commenting last night that the problem with this group is too often they're waiting for something to happen, rather than forcing it to happen. 

We need younger, fitter, faster players, perhaps supplemented by some of the more experienced old heads. 

In any event, It seems like Profit and Sustainability will force us into changes, but if we were to maintain the same core of players next season, then I'd be shocked to see anything but more of the same. 

Edited by SiJ

15 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Agree, we're trying to play further up the pitch in the right areas of the pitch which is good to see.

This season is all about embedding his style of play, we're going in the right direction, but with the same group of players who have been woeful for the last year and a bit, can't expect miracles. 

Big job in the summer to reduce the squad size and bring in quality over quantity, expect we will fill our allocation of PL loans.

Edited by striker

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Well, I'm sure yesterday gave him plenty of food for thought. 

We need to press the reset button in the summer. 

It's time for a clearout and a fresh start. 

Yes, there are some good players there, but collectively they have flattered to deceive for far too long now. Me and my mate were commenting last night that the problem with this group is too often they're waiting for something to happen, rather than forcing it to happen. 

We need younger, fitter, faster players, perhaps supplemented by some of the more experienced old heads. 

In any event, It seems like Profit and Sustainability will force us into changes, but if we were to maintain the same core of players next season, then I'd be shocked to see anything but more of the same. 

Totally agree, this squad has failed when it mattered and now a couple of years older needs a overhaul of epic proportions, yes part of this my be forced but by God is it long overdue.

Guest LittleG
19 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I suspect you're right.

Patience may be needed.

We've been patient for nigh on twenty years now, what's another season or two.

1 hour ago, trev said:

Some good loans will be key this summer....similar to what derby have done.

Hopefully Bruce can pull a few favours in.

I think if he doesn’t manage to do it - no one would at the moment.

I think he will get it right and we will be challenging again next season  lol

Personally I think it's crazy to be talking about playoffs. Yes, we've been playing better lately and yesterday's match seemed exciting at the time but looking back over the highlights we still looked somewhat sluggish, took up bad positions around their box and if it wasn't for Westwood in top form, well ... Oh yeah and the pitch is still far too hard, the ball shouldn't bounce like that. No wonder we get so many injuries 

4 hours ago, trev said:

Some good loans will be key this summer....similar to what derby have done.

Hopefully Bruce can pull a few favours in.

This will be key to how we do next season as this will be the market we are shopping in for the next 12 months, if anyone can use their contacts and grab some quality from the league above then Bruce is your man.

1 hour ago, Owly Mowly said:

Need to retain a strong core though of Westwood, Lees,Bannan and Reach.

Its gonna be the strikers that’ll be interesting - we have so many - who will Bruce see as his 4 to do the business next season and will FF be seen as one of them?

I totally agree, the spine of the team is as good as any in this league, needs a bit of a freshen up now and look to Bruce to exploit the loan market.

As for strikers (this isn't going to be popular)I genuinely believe Rhodes will be given a chance next season, he would have had 2 or 3 Saturday had he played because that game was made for him and we played to his strengths.

Whilst we do need to give Bruce time to forge a squad that can challenge, we should be wary of trotting out all the “time to rebuild” cliches Look across the city at Wilder has done, starting from a lot lower base than Bruce will. We have the nucleus of a good squad, and with a few new additions, there will surely be enough talent at his disposal