MysticOwl

Nuhiu picked above Winnall

4 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

what you've got to think is ,nuhiu has been at the club for 6 years now ,has he got better since he arrived ?

you can blame managers tactics all you like but can anyone seriously say he has got better?

for a man his size I've never seen a player be so pathetic when it comes to winning headers

him getting a new contract last summer sums this club up how cr@p it has been ran the last 18 months

So you wouldn’t have given a new contact to a player who scored about 12 goals in 15 games and had a huge hand in keeping us in the division? Glad you aren’t our manager.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

So you wouldn’t have given a new contact to a player who scored about 12 goals in 15 games and had a huge hand in keeping us in the division? Glad you aren’t our manager.

No from me. For the very reason you have highlighted - he did it for 15 games when NEEDING a new contract. What about the other games in his time at Hillsborough.

• Agree 3

I would love someone to explain to me one day what Winnall has done in a Wednesday shirt to make him our saviour ?

the couple of sub appearances he's made this season he was pants now he's coming back from a very serious injury so that may be understandable but even before he was never better than average 

4 minutes ago, squonk said:

I would love someone to explain to me one day what Winnall has done in a Wednesday shirt to make him our saviour ?

the couple of sub appearances he's made this season he was pants now he's coming back from a very serious injury so that may be understandable but even before he was never better than average 

Ahh well that on simple to answer Michael!

The big book of football fan cliché 

Section 1. Part b

B. Any player not in the match day squad is instantly 4x better than they are in reality. (This is extended to x10 after a draw or defeat)

Example 1.

George Boyd when he wasn't playing.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Ahh well that on simple to answer Michael!

The big book of football fan cliché 

Section 1. Part b

B. Any player not in the match day squad is instantly 4x better than they are in reality. (This is extended to x10 after a draw or defeat)

Example 1.

George Boyd when he wasn't playing.

The big book of football fan cliche

Section 1. Part C 

C. Once said player is back in the team then he is instantly 4x worse than we all thought he was. (This is extended to x10 after a draw or defeat)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, squonk said:

upto winnall getting injured at derby he was in the top 5 scorers in the football league over the past 3 years same with Rhodes , even the man city strikers would struggle to get 15 a season the way we play and have no players regularly getting down the wing and sending decent balls in, that's something we are woeful at 

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

upto winnall getting injured at derby he was in the top 5 scorers in the football league over the past 3 years same with Rhodes , even the man city strikers would struggle to get 15 a season the way we play and have no players regularly getting down the wing and sending decent balls in, that's something we are woeful at 

To be fair I remember many Jordan Rhodes 50p headers going nowhere near the goal.

Bruce ain't daft. He thinks Winnall could get us the goals we need he will be in.

21 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

To be fair I remember many Jordan Rhodes 50p headers going nowhere near the goal.

Bruce ain't daft. He thinks Winnall could get us the goals we need he will be in.

you wont get me arguing regards Rhodes huge waste of money and I said it before we got him ,his days are numbered .I was at Bolton when he missed  a couple of sitters ive not seen our away support as angry as they were that day. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Even if that were true that Rhodes and Winnall used to score goals, sometimes that isn’t enough You use Manchester City as an example, but that very issue was addressed by Pep. Aguero has always scored goals, but according to Pep, he didn’t do enough of the other stuff, stuff that was crucial for the good of the team. Aguero knuckled down, adjusted his game, and is now a vital part of City’s success. There is no sign that, either Rhodes or Winnall can adjust their game, and as a consequence, their only hope is a place on the bench

• Agree 1

On 10/02/2019 at 08:35, TINKERBELL said:

Coco and dross ruined them, thank fk they nowhere near our club now

Winnall had a fight with another player, who a lot think is our best player, got sent out on loan to calm down the issue and then knackered his knee ligaments and has been out for months. 

Rhodes wasn’t wanted by our manager at the time, IMO, turned up and played like he had 2 sand bags strapped to his legs. 

Not sure how either managers contributed to their poor form to be honest. They were either injured, crap to start with, or had an attitude. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

TBF in his last season with Derby out of a possible 30 games (before injury) he only started 7.

Scored 7 goals but never played full 90 minutes in those ones though, so maybe better as an impact player.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Winnall should certainly be on the bench !

He is fighting for a place on the bench with Joao at the moment and there is only one winner there.

Nuhiu is the plan b. and is very useful as a 80th minute sub. Every manger we have had has used him like this. 

So unfortunately unless Bruce starts playing with more strikers in the team. Then Winnall is surplus. And when Hooper is fit again. then he is further behind still.

Probably will regret not going to Sunderland as I barely see him kicking a ball bar a load of injuries. same goes for Matias.

Edited by pazowl55

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

He is fighting for a place on the bench with Joao at the moment and there is only one winner there.

Nuhiu is the plan b. and is very useful as a 80th minute sub. Every manger we have had has used him like this. 

So unfortunately unless Bruce starts playing with more strikers in the team. Then Winnall is surplus. And when Hooper is fit again. then he is further behind still.

Probably will regret not going to Sunderland as I barely see him kicking a ball bar a load of injuries. same goes for Matias.

regards hooper he aint played for 14-15 months is in our top 3 earners at the club ,there is no way whatsoever he will be given a new contract at end of season. the last time hooper tried to come back from injury he played a couple of u23 games and looked miles off the pace ,winnall is contracted until end of next season either get him firing which increases his value if we don't need him next season or he will be an asset for us . if hooper comes back in 2-3 weeks into team and scores 8-10 goals this season I will be incredibly shocked. once playoffs and relegation issues are just about over with id start trying out other players and disregard ie matias ,hooper.boyd and anyone else who the manager don't want for next season . 4 goals from last 8 games is shocking its a good job defence has been sorted or we would be looking over our shoulders . 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

TBF in his last season with Derby out of a possible 30 games (before injury) he only started 7.

Scored 7 goals but never played full 90 minutes in those ones though, so maybe better as an impact player.

let u into a secret I want him playing cause I love singing that sam winnall song lol 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

regards hooper he aint played for 14-15 months is in our top 3 earners at the club ,there is no way whatsoever he will be given a new contract at end of season. the last time hooper tried to come back from injury he played a couple of u23 games and looked miles off the pace ,winnall is contracted until end of next season either get him firing which increases his value if we don't need him next season or he will be an asset for us . if hooper comes back in 2-3 weeks into team and scores 8-10 goals this season I will be incredibly shocked. once playoffs and relegation issues are just about over with id start trying out other players and disregard ie matias ,hooper.boyd and anyone else who the manager don't want for next season . 4 goals from last 8 games is shocking its a good job defence has been sorted or we would be looking over our shoulders . 

Hooper and Boyd maybe players Bruce wants to keep though.