Nuhiu picked above Winnall

56 minutes ago, Bark1062 said:

Now there’s an offer Ash even you can’t be so thick to turn that down :biggrin:

Ahh, so the apostrophe does work on your keyboard.

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Bruce ain't daft and will get rid.

You're going to be as disappointed as I would be if you hit me in the face with your bra

Winnall v's Nuhiu on the bench...

Do you trust Bruce with this decision? 

Do you think Bruce has seen enough of Championship players and football, of the current fitness and form of our players, of the way they are performing in training? 

Bruce knows how to head a ball. Do you think he's not aware of Nuhiu's ability? 

I don't rate Nuhiu either, and find his selection puzzling, but I do know that Bruce has a far better educated insight into that selection than me and anyone on here. 

So let's just suck it up till the summer and see what happens. 

Meantime it'd be really nice if, as a fan base, we could knock it off with the ironic cheers directed at our players (when Nuhiu finally made a flick on today). To those who do it, it doesn't help and frankly it's embarrassing. You just don't understand that do you? 

Just another point about Winnall.. The jury may be out on him since he joined (has anyone really seen enough of him to make a judgement), but I seem to recall he was mostly prolific with headers at Barnsley. 

We simply don't provide anywhere near enough quality service from out wide to exploit that, if that is in fact his forte, so maybe for the time being Bruce would rather have Nuhiu to replace Fletch, and Joao to replace FF. 

Let's see if Aarons makes a difference to supply from the wings, and maybe Winnall might come into his own. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Aside from a couple of months last season when he played for a new contract, Dave has consistently been one of the worst strikers in our history.

Sad but true.

This thing about Nuhiu "playing for a new contract" peddled by his detractors is one thing that never ceases to make me chuckle. That is because it actually contradicts the argument that the detractors are trying to peddle. The argument that he is a useless lump with little or no ability that can suddenly turn into a scoring machine at the drop of a hat because it is needed at that time then turn it off and become a useless lump again after mission is accomplished.

In order to do that, any form of logical thought process would lead to the conclusion that he ACTUALLY POSSESSES the football skills to be able to do it. You cannot suddenly become something you are not capable of, regardless of whether you need a new contract or not!

• Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Ginner said:

Winnall v's Nuhiu on the bench...

Do you trust Bruce with this decision? 

Do you think Bruce has seen enough of Championship players and football, of the current fitness and form of our players, of the way they are performing in training? 

Bruce knows how to head a ball. Do you think he's not aware of Nuhiu's ability? 

I don't rate Nuhiu either, and find his selection puzzling, but I do know that Bruce has a far better educated insight into that selection than me and anyone on here. 

So let's just suck it up till the summer and see what happens. 

Meantime it'd be really nice if, as a fan base, we could knock it off with the ironic cheers directed at our players (when Nuhiu finally made a flick on today). To those who do it, it doesn't help and frankly it's embarrassing. You just don't understand that do you? 

Three managers on the trot go with Nuhui, i wonder why

21 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

In which game has Winnall done this?

He doesn't, he made it up. Controlling and retaining the ball is Winnall's biggest weakness

On 09/02/2019 at 18:49, agentwalker said:

purely because in theory he offers something different i.e tall and *should* be able to win most of the long balls. In reality, he's shocking. The number of balls up to him towards the end that he didn't even jump for was criminal. 

Only on for 5 minutes,

2 moments from the crowd yesterday ..

3rd time the ball was played up to him you heard a collective shout of “jump” - bloody funny - like we needed to tell him to.

Then Joao made a great run into space when Palmer was in possession and the collective shout of “Joao” was heard.

Tickled me both moments