Underlying Problems for SB to sort out.

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Still think the full backs are the

Promble. Get in loads of space but just don’t deliver. No wonder our strikers don’t score with that kind of service. 

we've not conceded in the last two games, so our fullbacks can't be doing that badly.

IF were waiting for the fullbacks to make our 'best' scoring opportunities, then we'll be having a real pisspoor season, but on the plus side we can sell the m/f as it sounds like they've got ef all to do.

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Its hardly likely to happen next season either....

Thats gonna be the main problem Steve Bruce is going to have.

This shopping list Wednesday fans have, has got f.ook all to do with reality...

Its like a kid running around a sweet shop pickin' stuff and his Mums got f.ook all in her purse.

We will be lucky to hang on to some of the better players we have, and see if Steve Bruce can turn it into something, shift some dead wood and make a couple of astute signings.

Its not going to be pretty for a good 2 years I reckon...Will owls fans give DC and bruce that much time?...I seriously doubt it

After the last 2 years we've endured, I for one probably will. We finally have the type of manager we wanted and in fact need, be a real shame if he left prematurely due to the previous two managers failings.

I really feel if we remain patient (hard ask I know) through thick and thin, he will eventually turn us back into a force again but it's going to take time, potentially more so than some people want nor expect but we just have to get real and accept we aren't what we were and won't be for some time just yet.

Edited by SupremeOwl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not going to be pretty for a good 2 years I reckon...Will owls fans give DC and bruce that much time?...I seriously doubt it

I think as a fan base we’re pretty patient. An example would be Carlos, some still think he shouldn’t be sacked 13 months after he actually was.

• Haha 2

Another 3 or so games now Nando will be be back to his best when his sharpness is back

we will have the three new lads in the team adding much needed pace 

Aaron’s will be a regular starter for Boyd

lazaar will be in for fox and possibly iorfa for Palmer  I’m guessing him not starting against thorniley ( not offended by that disicion ) is more of an indication he’s be brought in for full back 

this will give us an extra edge as we can get up the pitch quicker in numbers and penetrate the oppositions defencd 

the power of pace regardless of if the players are gash or not will make teams cautions and set up differently to play again us 

I mean the pace of fox and Palmer and Boyd scares nobody 

I’m not having a go of anybody already playing I understand why Bruce hasn’t changed it they’ve been getting the results but games are going to come thick and fast now so this is a prime time and excuse for him to refresh the team 

We don’t have a penalty box player at the moment except hooper who hasn’t played in over a year. Bruce needs to bring one in or get one of our current players to forget dropping off, going out wide and play on the shoulder and to use a old term goal hang. The likes of jaoa, fletcher and FF are far better footballers than fat billy but clearly he’s told to stay in and around the box and not do to much more and thus scores loads of tap ins. I’d like to see jaoa given the same instructions as I think he’s the one who could score prolifically 

Not getting in that top 10 with our midfield.

We've got a tough tackling CB and a Hollywood ball sprayer.

We need athletic players. Box to box. Gritty determined. Run through brick walls center mids. 

I'd feel much better on Derby day, with 2 Kieran Lee's rather than what we will be playing againts them.

not enough players confident with the ball at there feet

look at the top teams in this league (including pigs) .the fullbacks,defenders ,midfielders ,wingers and strikers are all confident with the ball at there feet ..other than bannan ,Fernando to a extent reach who in this team is confident with the ball at their feet .

fox and palmer look like a bag of nerves when they get the ball

Both full backs have improved but are not good enough. Neither get forward enough to help with attacks. If you look at other teams and their full backs start loads of attacks, ours don’t. They can defend but they are basic. We miss a runner in midfield. I think we suit a 4-3-3 and not a 4-2-3-1. I’d like to see Onomah play in midfield when back from injury to partner Bannan and Hutch. We also lack pace up top - I like Fletch as a player but he doesn’t score enough and he’s not a player to turn a defender. 

At some point this season, I’d like us to play something like this;

Westwood

Iorfa

Hector

Lees/Thorniley

Lazaar

Onomah 

Hutch

Bannan

Reach

Joao

FF

I think we have a good squad of players. We should be doing better than what we are but there needs to be a few tweaks in personnel and system. Having Hooper back would also be a huge plus.

12 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Bruce is a proven manager at this level.  He needs as long as it takes to get us moving in the right direction again. If we can stay patient, I'm sure he'll deliver.

Couldn't agree more with this. I also think the fans will give him as long as it takes. I don't know anyone that doesn't realise he's got to sort the mess out the last two have made before anything else. And that doesn't include getting the Doyen poison out of the club. It will take him at least two, possibly 3 good transfer windows to sort this.

I think most fans also realise that if Bruce can't get us up, then who can?

9 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

not enough players confident with the ball at there feet

look at the top teams in this league (including pigs) .the fullbacks,defenders ,midfielders ,wingers and strikers are all confident with the ball at there feet ..other than bannan ,Fernando to a extent reach who in this team is confident with the ball at their feet .

fox and palmer look like a bag of nerves when they get the ball

Maybe Hector,Fletcher

Funnily enough Nuhiu , although his tendency to forget he actually has the ball detracts from it somewhat 

18 hours ago, Plonk said:

Still think the full backs are the Promble.

Get in loads of space but just don’t deliver. No wonder our strikers don’t score with that kind of service. 

Thought Palmer did great last minute setting up Reach who then missed a sitter, but I agree this quality of service doesn't happen often enough. 

Edited by Beauchief Owl

19 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Thought Palmer did great last minute setting up Reach who then missed a sitter, but I agree this quality of service doesn't happen often enough. 

It's a big frustration with Palmer

He's got a lot of the tools, he's athletic, comfortable on the ball, but his final pass is shocking

But like you say, he played a great ball in the final minute

If only he could do this more often

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.