Strikers. Who would you use, shift, buy?

Fletch jaoa FF ( if he can get back to his best). Rest need to go. Winnalls done nowt, Dave had a good two months in five years, Hoopers knackered, Rhodes has hopefully all ready gone. 

Hope Borokov can make the step up and clone Gary bannister. 

I think Forrestieri and Joao may attract offers in the summer. If this is the case I expect one to leave.

I think Matias and Hooper will be released (shame with regards to Hooper but it would be a gamble to resign him given his fitness issues). I also expect Winnall to be offloaded if he can't force his way into the side before the end of the season.

That would leave Fletcher, Nuhiu, Forrestieri/Joao and Rhodes who I think Bruce will seriously look to next season. The real issue is the service and that is what really needs to be addressed.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

28 minutes ago, Eastern said:

I’d love us to have a fully fit Hooper. I really would

Best case scenario for me is Hooper regains full fitness and comes straight back into the team. Based on the last two games I think he’d have a field day with the chances we’re creating. 

other than that, the only other strikers I’d be disappointed to see go would be Joao and Forestieri. Forestieri is out of form at the minute, but he’s unplayable on his day. It will come. 

I like Fletcher but he’s not the man to bag 20 goals a season. And he’s on ridiculous wages, apparently. 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Our top scorer has 9 goals this season. 

There lies our problems. 

And he’s always on the bench. Surely not rocket science that more time on pitch could equal more goals. 

Why would u not play your top scorer. Bizarre 

The loss of Hooper has hurt us so much.....it's ironic that we're overloaded with forwards, they are easily the biggest drain on finances and yet, we are short of goals.

They can all go for me, time for a fresh start.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

Fletcher is 32 next month, he won't be going anywhere as nobody else will match his wages, however for me, despite some solid performances and him being a tryer he can go for me. 

FF - needs to start looking interested and quickly, otherwise he can go

Joao - he's 25 does have some  great attributes and with decent players around him, such as Aarons he will score goals

Hooper - pay as you play or he can go 

Winnal - we can't really lose money on him and he's not had a chance so i would keep him 

Nuihu - release tomorrow 

Rhodes - i would keep him in the hope Bruce brings in the speed and some width to give our forwards some service

We had 20 shots today, against a very poor Reading, we need our forwards to be putting some of those away, but we also need to play a system that suits who we have on the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

The range of responses to this post betray the nub of the problem, namely we have too many strikers who all bring something to the table on their day, but none are the complete package.  What might drive the decision process could be which of these strikers would another club be willing to take on?

I’m quite happy that Bruce has his hands on the reins as I have confidence he’ll know what to do; I know I wouldn’t!

• Like 1

Joao keep the rest sell or dont renew contracts.Sadly think we have seen the best of FF and Hooper. Fletcher would keep on a year by year agreement on half wages he is on now so wont happen. Winnall cant get a start so sell. Nuhiu give away to any takers as cant see us getting a fee.(Or a taker in all honesty )Time to find some more pace and a fox in the box. (Hope DC has a secret war chest or we wont be challenging as things stand )Forgot Rhodes would love it to have worked out for him and us but hasnt. Again sell on to the highest bidder.(4million + would accept )

Edited by ZicoSterland2

Id keep Forestieri Joao and Winnall. Let Hooper Nuhiu Fletcher Rhodes go and try and bring one in. My personal choice would be Wickham on a season long loan.

Reasons:

Out -

Hooper - too injury prone and on too much money. Undoubted class but we cant carry him in our current state.

Rhodes - never suited us, never wanted him and too much water under the bridge now. Money aswell he needs shifting if possible.

Nuhiu - I like the bloke and do think he offers something different but at the end of the day he isn't good enough.

Fletcher - Nice footballer but on a lot of money and doesn't score enough goals.

Adding to the above I am hoping Borakov who is a target man type player can step up and get involved a little so in the games where we could do with an areal presence we can use him.

Keep/In -

Wickham - should have signed him last time. Class. Think with the situation at Palace and his history we would have a chance.

Forestieri - Best player at the club attacking wise and if fit is one of the best in the league. Can score us 15.

Joao - Has everything, added goals to his game and is getting more consistent. Main man from now on for me and is Forestieri's best partner.

Winnall - Poacher, knows where the net is and gets on the end of things, something different and needs a crack.

We won’t be wanting to recruit five or six new strikers It will be just one to lead the line, with perhaps another youngster as back up That means we will probably keep several of our current forwards. Get rid of Fletcher, Winnall and Rhodes

Edited by gurujuan