‘A Horrible Swirl of Wind’

45 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

We got a point.

Could be worse, we could have been 3 - 0 up and only got a point.

Surely no team would let a three goal lead disappear in the last ten minutes of a game. 

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

Is that your best excuse Bruce?! We were absolutely atrocious today - but no we drew, not because of our lack of ruthlessness in attack, but because of a ‘Horrible swirl of wind’.lol

2nd half we were poor but still missed a sitter to win it. 1st half we played pretty well and should have been in front at half-time. Conditions clearly affected the game but don't miss a chance to be overly critical.

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

Is that your best excuse Bruce?! We were absolutely atrocious today - but no we drew, not because of our lack of ruthlessness in attack, but because of a ‘Horrible swirl of wind’.lol

are you wanting to be the 1st to get on his back?

16 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

What do you expect a new manager to say. Boyd was poo, Fletcher wasted too many chances and Forestieri just isn’t up to match speed yet.

Jeez - I can see man management isn’t your strong point.

if we had had the ‘strict disciplinarian’ Jos in charge today we’d have probably lost that game.

It probably was difficult playing in those conditions and both sides gave the ball away (under no pressure) frequently. What I don't understand is how the wind stopped us pressing them and closing them down as we did in the first 20 minutes (when coincidentally we could have been 2 or 3 up). Presumably the wind was blowing us back so that we could only get to within 5 yards of them

On 09/02/2019 at 17:24, S36 OWL said:

I could smell that swirl of wind on the North. I thought it was the old geezer two rows in front of me. 

It was a whole lot worse from where i was sitting towards the Back of the Kop.there were 4 or 5 supporters breaking wind at the Same time.There was enough explosive power to take out the whole of Hillsborough. WTF:

giphy.gif