Fletcher

fletcher works hard but he is our highest earner appx 35k a week he misses far too many chances and has no pace he is doing a job for us at the minute but I think he is poor value for money if you going to pay someone 35k or more a week you would be wanting a top 2 type player who scores 20 plus a season he will never be either and age is catching up with him . if we could take bits out of fletcher nuhiu fessi hooper joao we would have a right striker that's the problem though ,as they all have there limitations . didn't think any of our attacking players played that well yesterday apart from maybe reach that's why there is no way we can get anywhere near the playoffs this season. I think bruce might find this job harder than he thinks but he is defo the best man to do it.

1 hour ago, stevie snerklebox said:

I think some credit for that should go to the Reading CB (Moore?) I thought that him and Blackett were excellent for them.

Reading have some decent players and should be higher up the table. They also drew 0-0 against Villa last week so our result wasn’t terrible. Hopefully we can put in a similar performance against Millwall who’s defensive players aren’t as good, imo 

16 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Plays whilst our top goal scorer is sat on bench again 

Some Owlstalkers are unreal, Joao is head and shoulders better than he is 

How manys he scored this season? 3? 4? 

Laughable 

A very simplistic analysis.  Without Fletcher, we would have to change the system.  We have nobody else in the squad who can perform his role adequately.  I'd love Joao to be able step up to the plate, he's got everything in his locker, but at the moment he is too inconsistent.  His contribution yesterday was negligible.

Much to admire about his game, but he doesn't score enough. 

You need someone alongside him who is going to be a consistent goalscorer. 

Suppose we had that when he and Hooper were playing together. 

Perhaps him and Joao up front? 

2 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Maybe, if the service to Fletcher was better he would score more ?

Think we have had this conversation about Rhodes.

Fletcher has at least 2 very good chances each game. 

Regardless of how good his hold up play is he just isn’t prolific enough 

We need to start playing two up top. We’re not good enough to play 1 

Fletcher needs to play in a two for me. He holds the ball up and can bring other players into the game (albeit he takes his time over it). But then when he does release it there’s no one in the box to aim for. We have no Lee in midfield who will make runs beyond him and no striker looking to get on the end of crosses. FF’s contribution wasn’t good enough yesterday, Joao should have replaced him at half-time. 

Personally would go with a straight 4-4-2. Carlos bought these players because they suited his 4-4-2 style. He did lose the plot but under a new manager like Bruce I think these players would thrive in a straight 4-4-2. FF off the bench if we’re looking for goal drifting in from the left. I’ve said before FF is better as an impact player or wide left. 

18 hours ago, Plonk said:

Thought the same so why take him off? Bruce out. 

i wanted a change earlier tbh plonk

Fletcher for all he gave 100% and was involved in almost everything  it led to chances but the grand total of nothing - the best description  i can use is he's a nearly man 

Bruce needs time to get our attacking players to gel  because for me they dont seem on the same wavelength Reach's creativity down the right in the first half was just wasted and not just by fletcher 

as for Nuhiu as much as i have defended his contribution ( last year)  I have for sometime wondered if he needs contacts in to judge the flight of the ball his attempts at jumping for the ball are as if he cant see it  tbh cant remember if winnall was on the bench but he should have been given those 5 minutes 

5 hours ago, handworth52 said:

fletcher works hard but he is our highest earner appx 35k a week he misses far too many chances and has no pace he is doing a job for us at the minute but I think he is poor value for money if you going to pay someone 35k or more a week you would be wanting a top 2 type player who scores 20 plus a season he will never be either and age is catching up with him . if we could take bits out of fletcher nuhiu fessi hooper joao we would have a right striker that's the problem though ,as they all have there limitations . didn't think any of our attacking players played that well yesterday apart from maybe reach that's why there is no way we can get anywhere near the playoffs this season. I think bruce might find this job harder than he thinks but he is defo the best man to do it.

35k a week,summat,summat,summat else,35k a week,summat,summat,summat else,repetitive  or what

Edited by DELUDED OWL

its a bit of a quandary.

A. Joao for fletcher would mean a change to more of a passing game, do we have the talent/energy for this? At present the outlet ball is a lump up to Fletcher who even if he wins the ball has no one to lay off to.

B. If we play 4-4-2 then they both need a run out, cant seem to remember too much game time when Fletch and Lucas played together. Poor Joao always seems to end up with Nuihu.as partner.

Agree with some others though, Joao is our leading scorer with hardly any matches and deserves his chance. 

3 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Always been a solid forward man that works hard.. but his profligacy in front of goal certainly doesn't warrant 40k a week and probably, with hindsight, cost us some points

He's had a £5000 a week raise in 24 hours, gotta love this place and its guesstimates. 

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:09, DELUDED OWL said:

35k a week,summat,summat,summat else,35k a week,summat,summat,summat else,repetitive  or what

maybe if I just say he is our highest earner ever with Rhodes in future eh? my point is he just aint worth the wage not a bad player but pretty hopeless in front of goal if he gets anywhere near it that is. 

10 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

maybe if I just say he is our highest earner ever with Rhodes in future eh? my point is he just aint worth the wage not a bad player but pretty hopeless in front of goal if he gets anywhere near it that is. 

Yeh, why not say that, (even tho there's no actual proof he is our highest earner along with Rhodes).