Fletcher

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Plays whilst our top goal scorer is sat on bench again 

Some Owlstalkers are unreal, Joao is head and shoulders better than he is 

How manys he scored this season? 3? 4? 

Laughable 

I couldn’t agree more with this. 

Fletch looks a lot sharper of late and has been grafting and linking play well but I like strikers who score goals. 

Sadly Fletch is not quick enough to make himself a yard or get a decent shot off to bag goals. 

Goals win games and that’s why you pay a lot more for a good scorer than a good defender. 

We need better if we want promotion next season. 

Holding the ball up and laying it off is pretty easy for any player with strength. 

Creating a goal or playing forward is the real skill. 

Chris o Grady could hold the ball all day but was limited. Ryan Lowe was relatively lightweight but knew how to finish. 

20 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Laughable 

Fletch has 5.

Why not Fletcher-Joao up top?

FF has been poor this season (2 outfield goals in 980 minutes) and has never worked well as a striker. He drops way too deep and wide leaving his partner as a lone-striker. 

I like fletcher think he's good at what he does but for the wage he gets he needs to be hitting the onion bag more

id have him bench and bring him on last ten minutes to hold ball up or help chase a winning goal (like today)

Joao should be starting no excuses

we must be the only team in the country who has their top scorer sat on the bench

Edited by WelshOwl74

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 hours ago, Ronio said:

There was a moment in the second half where Aarons could have played Fletcher through on goal.  

That was awful play by Aarons. I was screaming at the screen !!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Brando17 said:

that should be the regular front 2 imo,with FF just behind em

That will only happen if we play a back 5 and Reach is left out.

Fletchers lack of goals has to be a concern because as a team we just aren't scoring enough. How many times have we scored 2 in a game this season?

If Fletchers hard work was rewarded with goals by a strike partner then fair enough but currently it isn't.  SB will no doubt be looking over the coming weeks at how best to deploy the attacking options at his disposal.

I can see why people are questioning why LJ is on the bench, however he does often contribute more as a sub than when he starts. That said I'd like to see him given a run of games, must be harder for a defender to play against pace and skill than someone who's strong but rarely scores.

14 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Laughable 

I don't get it either. Fletcher huffs and puffs but doesn't actually add very much attacking threat. 

14 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Laughable 

I see what you're saying but whenever Joao is given the shirt his performances don't really ustify him keeping it.

15 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Massive fan of Fletch. Thought he was unusually dominated in the air today. Great on the ground as always.

It hardly ever works with FF as a central striker though. 

I think some credit for that should go to the Reading CB (Moore?) I thought that him and Blackett were excellent for them.

• Like 1

I’m a big Fletcher fan and was pleased when he signed. Contributes a lot. 

However he really needs to up his goal tally. Actually the whole squad needs to contribute more. I think it’s something like .8 goals in 12 games (inc. cup). I don’t think we’ve won by 2 goals this season. Nowhere near good enough!