Playoffs

14 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

He's correct though. 

We was never going to make them in reality and it's about Bruce finding out who's good enough and who ain't till summer. 

f**kin hell we agree on something :Pelupessy:

• Like 1

People forget there are nine other teams between ourselves and the playoffs also wanting to make the playoffs. 

We can't score. One late goal against the bottom two teams is a good indicator that it isn't going to be this season. Next season? Who knows. 

Its not pessimism, its realism. 

The fact that we aren't going to get relagated this season is a huge bonus. I'm completely happy with that. Let Bruce use the last games of this season to understand who he will keep and what he needs to do to be cometitive next season considering we still have huge FFP challenges to deal with going forwards.

Absolutely delighted with the draw today as its shown us all that we aren't good enough and those that have been saying it were right all along. Those of us that had a little dream that it may happen were obviously stupid and wrong, the important thing now is that we know it, admit it and say that everyone else was right. I had a great time thinking we could have done it earlier but now see I was wrong. I should have listened to those that told me it was a ll a pipe dream and I should never ever dare to dream ever again. Now I no longer think we can get in the playoffs I'm much happier, it's like a weight of optimism and good feeling has been lifted to be replaced by feeling fed up, which is a massive improvement I reckon. 

Thanks for the lesson. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Absolutely delighted with the draw today as its shown us all that we aren't good enough and those that have been saying it were right all along. Those of us that had a little dream that it may happen were obviously stupid and wrong, the important thing now is that we know it, admit it and say that everyone else was right. I had a great time thinking we could have done it earlier but now see I was wrong. I should have listened to those that told me it was a ll a pipe dream and I should never ever dare to dream ever again. Now I no longer think we can get in the playoffs I'm much happier, it's like a weight of optimism and good feeling has been lifted to be replaced by feeling fed up, which is a massive improvement I reckon. 

Thanks for the lesson. 

I see what you did there. :duntmatter:

Just now, Beholder said:

Well it was a pipe dream which I was happy to indulge in. 

But you gotta win them games at home to stand any chance at all. 

We aren't scoring enough goals really. 

I'm not having a go at anyone who believed it could be done ,yes I gave up a month ago but that's my choice,I just think people need to be realistic 

• Like 1

Just now, WelshOwl74 said:

I'm not having a go at anyone who believed it could be done ,yes I gave up a month ago but that's my choice,I just think people need to be realistic 

I gave up when Jos was still in charge.

Saw more than enough last season to know this would be a bad season

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I gave up when Jos was still in charge.

Saw more than enough last season to know this would be a bad season

I don't think its a really bad season ,we are where I expected us to be ,ill be ready for next season once the deadwoods cleared and Steve can make his own team 

Just because we weren't up to scratch today doesn't mean we will be awful for the remaining games of the season. 

Still lots of games to go, plenty of points up for grabs.  

We are a work in progress.

It wasn't that long ago we were conceding so many goals, getting carved up way too often.

We have steadied the ship at the back.  

We just need to be more clinical up top.

That will come with time.

Just now, Ronio said:

Just because we weren't up to scratch today doesn't mean we will be awful for the remaining games of the season. 

Still lots of games to go, plenty of points up for grabs.  

We are a work in progress.

It wasn't that long ago we were conceding so many goals, getting carved up way too often.

We have steadied the ship at the back.  

We just need to be more clinical up top.

That will come with time.

Bruce needs time to find his best starting 11 and instill his tactics and style of play

20 minutes ago, MysticOwl said:

Yeah season is done now. 

Big clear out at the end of the season. 

Bruce has just been on 5live telling all we've got something to play for. He was realistic in his comments, but at least he was upbeat.

If we can't compete at the top end, we can still try to make it difficult for our rivals.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Bruce has just been on 5live telling all we've got something to play for. He was realistic in his comments, but at least he was upbeat.

If we can't compete at the top end, we can still try to make it difficult for our rivals.

Of course there is.

Professional pride dictates that if you can’t win it yourself, the next best thing is to stop someone else from winning it.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Can  we all agree its a pipe dream now ?

Never have and never will be good enough to get in them this season

My sentiments exactly