latemodelchild

Worried about the playoffs?

Anyone who thinks we can make the play offs this season has been sniffing too many marker pens...

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

I'm 49 BUT I have seen it all.

Promotions, relegations, almost administration, Derby wins, Derby defeats, playoff wins, playoff defeats, league Cup Wins, Cup Final defeats. European games (home and away). Comebacks, leads thrown away, bother at Oldham, standing areas of Hillsborough closed,  away match ban on our fans.  Charlton, Wilkinson, Atkinson, Irvine, Yorath and Jos. Waddle, Hirst, Palmer, Sheridan, Nillson, Sterland, Bannister, Curran, Lyons, Carbone, Di Canio, West and Beswetherick, a diving ref, a cheating ref (Mr Swarbrick) Euro96 matches. League Cup final replays, FA Cup semi finals Tragedy. 

Beating Barcelona, Santos (Pele) Dooleys goals, Dooleys injury, Dooley Manager, Dooley sacked (at Christmas) Andrew Wilson, Rimmer, Starling, Crawshaw, Spikesley, Froggatt, Blenkinsop. Catterick, Quixall, Sewell. World Cup matches, bribery scandals, 4 League titles, 3 FA Cup wins, I think I've just about covered it (I will have forgot something or someone) but I have seen everything.

Ok I may have exaggerated a little, but this club has given us all heartbreak, joy, ecstacy despair,anger, disillusionment, relief, tears (of both sadness as a 13 year old at Highbury who thought he was Wembley bound and happiness) , laughter but most of all pride and a sense of belonging. Long may it continue UTO!

So what you're saying is you've never seen us come from 9 points off the playoffs to snatch it on the last day after a pathetic 1st half of the season under our worst manager ever? Keep your eyes open this season my man. 

Edited by latemodelchild

3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

We've taken 16pts from the 7 games since Jos got the bullet. If our current form continues for the rest of the season, we will finish with 78pts. 

I think we've taken 14 from last 7

I think it’s good for us to have a really outside shout at the play offs; it makes the season more exciting and should bring more people and money through the turnstiles.

Realistically, it’s highly unlikely. I think we can win a lot of games before the end of the season, but I don’t think we are good enough to overcome a 9 point gap.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I regularly make myself look stupid and the odd night I wake up sweating and aroused while screaming Chrissy and Billy....

Edited by sonofbert2

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We do make ourselves look stupid 

Pronouns pronouns. You did last night with your spaffing over the pigs. Remains to be seen whether I will. 

27 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I think we've taken 14 from last 7

I think you're right.  :blush:

Still can’t help feeling we missed our dream ticket in 2016/2017,and that it’ll be a little while before we’re competing again 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Anybody else a bit worried that they've started thinking about the playoffs? It's the hope that kills us after all. 

I've seen a lot of comments about a late push and there's always a team etc etc. This has led me to start thinking we could have run at it. Which is obviously a big worry to me as a 45 year old who's seen it all before. And I mean all of it. And I'm not the only one am I? 

With this in mind I've made a choice. I'm going to believe. I'm going to get giddy. I'm going to look up the table instead of down. Until its mathematically impossible for us to do it I'm setting my sights on 6th place. After all, what's life without hope? 

Anyone still wavering, we're 9 points off 6th place. The pigs are 8 points above 6th place. Ask any of em if they're absolutely nailed on to finish in the playoffs. And I mean nailed on cast iron certain that they'll do it put your house wife and first born on it certain. I bet you won't get many saying they are. 

So why should we say we won't? 

Come on Wednesday, let's have it. Let's just give it a go. All we have to fear is fear itself. 

To those that say we can't handle the oncoming storm I say this. We are the storm. And we're coming. 

Not sure I'd put my house and first born on it, but my wife definitely. What was the question again?

That miss by reach in the last second ffs

19 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Now can you all accept play offs are just a pipe dream !!

If I accept it now will my life be better? Will you be happy if I say it was a pipe dream? 

20 minutes ago, modboy said:

That miss by reach in the last second ffs

Harder to miss than score. Unbelievable Jeff. 

Two weeks running now 

8 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

We are two thirds of the way through the season an we have lost more matches than we’ve won.

Give it a rest.

So were Sunderland. Thas a pig

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Pronouns pronouns. You did last night with your spaffing over the pigs. Remains to be seen whether I will. 

No I didn’t. I simply said United are a good side and Sharp is a good striker. Better than what we’ve got. He would have scored a hatful this afternoon. Just telling the truth mate.

It doesn’t remain to be seen, it’s not happening. Wasn’t before kick-off and isn’t after.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No I didn’t. I simply said United are a good side and Sharp is a good striker. Better than what we’ve got. He would have scored a hatful this afternoon. Just telling the truth mate.

It doesn’t remain to be seen, it’s not happening. Wasn’t before kick-off and isn’t after.

You were sucking sharp and uniteds pole all game, it was pathetic. 

Hope you're as happy as you seem about us not having a chance at getting into the playoffs. You were right, well done.