Worried about the playoffs?

We get the 3 points today the belief will start to bubble slowly, then in the next week games against toy town and millwall max points that's 9 in a week we could be a lot higher up the league and belief will be rising.

but we are the owls beat the league leaders one week then get smashed by Burton Albion the next.

let's enjoy the rise and see how close we can push it to the top 6 and at the same time wind them scummy blades up all the way.

ala Keegan - i's just love it if we finish above em or knocked them out of the play offs.

1 hour ago, Mister Soul said:

I’m 55 

Ive (almost) seen it all

I'm 49 BUT I have seen it all.

Promotions, relegations, almost administration, Derby wins, Derby defeats, playoff wins, playoff defeats, league Cup Wins, Cup Final defeats. European games (home and away). Comebacks, leads thrown away, bother at Oldham, standing areas of Hillsborough closed,  away match ban on our fans.  Charlton, Wilkinson, Atkinson, Irvine, Yorath and Jos. Waddle, Hirst, Palmer, Sheridan, Nillson, Sterland, Bannister, Curran, Lyons, Carbone, Di Canio, West and Beswetherick, a diving ref, a cheating ref (Mr Swarbrick) Euro96 matches. League Cup final replays, FA Cup semi finals Tragedy. 

Beating Barcelona, Santos (Pele) Dooleys goals, Dooleys injury, Dooley Manager, Dooley sacked (at Christmas) Andrew Wilson, Rimmer, Starling, Crawshaw, Spikesley, Froggatt, Blenkinsop. Catterick, Quixall, Sewell. World Cup matches, bribery scandals, 4 League titles, 3 FA Cup wins, I think I've just about covered it (I will have forgot something or someone) but I have seen everything.

Ok I may have exaggerated a little, but this club has given us all heartbreak, joy, ecstacy despair,anger, disillusionment, relief, tears (of both sadness as a 13 year old at Highbury who thought he was Wembley bound and happiness) , laughter but most of all pride and a sense of belonging. Long may it continue UTO!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, the monk said:

On a brighter note at 68 it enables you to flannel about how great the players were we have never heard of !

Correct young man

The rise and fall of  Wednesday  almost occurs as often as the day of the week!

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Owly Mowly said:

I’m 45 too! Wonder if 45 is the average age of a Wednesdayite?

Anyway, win next 3 and there might be a little excitement building..

I think all you 45 year olds are going through a mid-life crisis. There are far too many teams between us and 6th place; it would need nearly all of them to have a poor end to the season.

3 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

I'm 49 BUT I have seen it all.

Promotions, relegations, almost administration, Derby wins, Derby defeats, playoff wins, playoff defeats, league Cup Wins, Cup Final defeats. European games (home and away). Comebacks, leads thrown away, bother at Oldham, standing areas of Hillsborough closed,  away match ban on our fans.  Charlton, Wilkinson, Atkinson, Irvine, Yorath and Jos. Waddle, Hirst, Palmer, Sheridan, Nillson, Sterland, Bannister, Curran, Lyons, Carbone, Di Canio, West and Beswetherick, a diving ref, a cheating ref (Mr Swarbrick) Euro96 matches. League Cup final replays, FA Cup semi finals Tragedy. 

Beating Barcelona, Santos (Pele) Dooleys goals, Dooleys injury, Dooley Manager, Dooley sacked (at Christmas) Andrew Wilson, Rimmer, Starling, Crawshaw, Spikesley, Froggatt, Blenkinsop. Catterick, Quixall, Sewell. World Cup matches, bribery scandals, 4 League titles, 3 FA Cup wins, I think I've just about covered it (I will have forgot something or someone) but I have seen everything.

Ok I may have exaggerated a little, but this club has given us all heartbreak, joy, ecstacy despair,anger, disillusionment, relief, tears (of both sadness as a 13 year old at Highbury who thought he was Wembley bound and happiness) , laughter but most of all pride and a sense of belonging. Long may it continue UTO!

All of that and Archie Irvine!

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

I wasn't at Hull. I don't always enjoy the result but I enjoy watching us. Me and my lad, just like me and my dad did. Blue and white stripes on the pitch. All that malarkey. 

If I only got enjoyment from the result or style of football I'd have topped myself years ago. 

I go to the matches because I love Wednesday.  But to say I enjoy every game would be absolute bull poo. Burton, Blades, from last year. We beat Bolton and Wigan this year, but neither of those were enjoyable experiences, sometimes it feels more like torture than pleasure, But would I change it? Would I  (I mean no I wouldn't).

Edited by OWL1969

We shouldn’t be worried about the play offs...but the scrubbers of Bumhole Lane might be. We’ve got them looking over their shoulders...if it’s a sprint for the line and you look at the others...you have lost. Adds a bit of extra spice to the derby at Hillsborough. We may have to settle for just below the play offs this time, who knows? But we all know why it’s turned out like this (Jos and his weird machinations)...so we need to enjoy the wins when they come and watch the Three Steve’s move us forward. UTO

27 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I think all you 45 year olds are going through a mid-life crisis. There are far too many teams between us and 6th place; it would need nearly all of them to have a poor end to the season.

Extrapolating current form until the end of the season, the top 6 would be.

1 Bristol City

2 Norwich City

3 Middlesbrough

4 Blackburn Rovers

5 Sheffield United

6 Wednesday

I know statistics can be manipulated and the data set may be too small, but it looks like we've got everything to play for.