Wednesday Players We Thought Were Going To Be World Beaters.

1 minute ago, 1961OWL said:

Ziggi Jonsson. Looked like he had it all at such a young age. Think Souness finished his career. 

Yes Siggi had that special talent of finding time on the ball.Think his slight frame maybe left him open to rougher treatment from lesser talented players. We did though get a fee from Arsenal for him and sadly he was badly injured there.

5 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Lucas Joao. Jury still out but can see him featuring in this thread in 5 years time I'm afraid. 

Hopefully my lack of football knowledge will be exposed once more. 

Definitley time for him to front up. Has the ability as international caps show. Sometimes wonder how badly he wants it.

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Wim Fvvcking Jonk

He joined us when his stock was exceptionally high. What a disastrous signing he was. 

Slightly different criteria here he was supposedly a world beater when he joined us after a great world cup. Turned out to be one of the biggest flops in Wednesday's history.

58 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I once turned to my mate as we nestled in the South Stand and predicted that Sean McAllister would go on to be a Premier League footballer one day.

I've not done pre-match shots of absinthe since.

:ghoulguy:

Currently playing for non league Chester I believe after being released by Grimsby. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Chris Bart-Williams.

Didn't we buy him from Leyton Orient for about 250k and sell him to Forest for about £3m fixed by tribunal.

Hardly a flop.

I remember his hattrick in a 5-2 v Southampton.  Week later, he was left out of the league cup final side which lost 2-1 to Arsenal.

History might have been rewritten if Trev had picked him.  

10 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Didn't we buy him from Leyton Orient for about 250k and sell him to Forest for about £3m fixed by tribunal.

Hardly a flop.

Never said he was...:dry:

Lad had a half decent career...just never turned into the world beater I thought he would as per the OP.

11 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Hardly a flop.

I remember his hattrick in a 5-2 v Southampton.  Week later, he was left out of the league cup final side which lost 2-1 to Arsenal.

History might have been rewritten if Trev had picked him.  

He'd played against Southampton as a striker precisely because we were resting players for the final, where we played pretty much our strongest side. Even Hirst only made the bench. Who would you have left out? Warhurst? Sheridan? Waddle?