Jos to Westwood :It's 'financial.'

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I think from jos’ point of view he was thinking long term. He needed to shave the wage bill and force a few to move on and we can earn from younger players. So in that sense he was right and most clubs think that way.

DC seems to have a different approach 

But it is bizarre. Best keeper being punished for being the best keeper. 

Westwood also said Chansiri told him it wasn’t financial. Which Jos said in interviews also, and DC said it again at the forum. 

Jos also said westwood was injured, when Westwood said at the time he wasn’t. 

Jos then leaves and Bullen brings back KW.

So do  the maths. 

• Like 1

Jos hadn’t seen Westwood play .

Last season he had Wildsmith , then Dawson who both did ok for their age.

Westwood , we are lead to believe, has a less than consistent approach to training , Jos is a disciplinarian.

Looking forwards Jos sees the younger keepers as the future given finances probably dictate Westwood won’t get a new contract.

Jos decides to go with Dawson and convinces himself it is financial because of the likely future position.

Also Jos seems to have a problem managing players who like to speak out, solve problem,  sideline him 

Edited by oldishowl

End of the day, Jos had a plan and he thought he could get through the season using it to then lose the big hitters he wasn't playing during the close season.

Where it went wrong was Jos couldn't continue grinding out the results he did in the early days and lost the fans, who then ensured he didn't remain in his position.

Jos had a plan, it didn't work out for him.   Some players may get a new contract because of it, but I'm not so sure.   I think most out of contract will still go.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I think from jos’ point of view he was thinking long term. He needed to shave the wage bill and force a few to move on and we can earn from younger players. So in that sense he was right and most clubs think that way.

DC seems to have a different approach 

Many clubs do try to sell their assets when in need of financial gain yes. Most clubs don't resort to alienating their best players to the detriment of the team and stick to this stance when it is clearly not working, continuing to pay their best players for nothing and allowing them to run down their contracts so there will be no financial gain. Hutchinson was cast aside by the manager and wouldn't have been seen again even though he had only signed a new contract a year earlier and still has another year to run after this season. 

We are still recovering from the worst defensive record in the division - almost the worst in the football league while he was in charge.

6 hours ago, fred mciver said:

As expected, Westy confirmed that Jos said he was dropped because of 'finances.'

Just as worrying, Chansiri denied this to the player so - with these porkies - no wonder if morale was rock bottom.

Westy also confirmed that he nearly went in the Summer but it didn't quite come off.

Possibly this is related to Cardiff's reputed £3 milllion bid that Chansiri appears to have rejected.

If so, that ' s about a £4.5 million gross down the tube for half a season from this keeper, and a wasted year with Jos.

Thankfully, Brucey won't stand for this rubbish.

He is worth 4.5m for half a season in my eyes.

Best keeper in this league, better than some in the league above and my 2nd favorite keeper in the 35 years of supporting Sheffield Wednesday. 

New 2 year deal please Mr C.

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He is worth 4.5m for half a season in my eyes.

Best keeper in this league, better than some in the league above and my 2nd favorite keeper in the 35 years of supporting Sheffield Wednesday. 

New 2 year deal please Mr C.

I'd give him two years for this comment - "I have three kids, two young lads who are Sheffield Wednesday daft. My five-year-old son, I have been here for five years, and a two-year-old who is asking Alexa to play ‘Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday’.

Full article here ..... https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/keiren-westwood-hopes-to-extend-his-sheffield-wednesday-stay-1-9584103

Its widely accepted that we have two excellent prospects in CD and JW. But, recent history has shown us that they are exactly that, prospects. Both still need experience at S6 and away from it. KW is still at the top of his game, certainly no better keeper in this league anyway. Barring a serious injury and finances permitting you'd hope we keep him. Worth at least 6 goals a season to us......IMO and SB is a fan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Does the OP post anything that's not stirring theshit.  Wants banning for me.  He's definitely not an Owl, that's for sure.

There are people on here who only seem to post negatives thats for sure,but a BAN....................really ?,ridicule is the way to go,ya know like we all seem to do with that dufus MRMASON69 and his ever so repetitive £50,000 a week shiznee.

14 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

What's worse is that the OP will be posting the same shitwhenever we are winning matches. He longs for the good old days when Jos was around lol

Could be what is wrong with us keep looking backwards for negatives, think I prefer to look forward now and see where we are going.  And yes the management was awful but in the past  so as long as we don't repeat it.

15 hours ago, bobness said:

Or maybe Chansiri reevaluated the situation?

While Jos did make some shocking decisions, I don't think all the blame rests on him. 

I have a feeling it maybe this.

If so you have to feel for Jos a bit, completely shafted, although he didn’t help himself 

15 hours ago, fred mciver said:

As expected, Westy confirmed that Jos said he was dropped because of 'finances.'

No he hasn’t, he was dropped because the manager didn’t want to play him. If it was as you claim, the matter would still be in motion and he wouldn’t be playing now. Accept it and move on. I mean, have you ever said anything positive about Wednesday?