Jos to Westwood :It's 'financial.'

As expected, Westy confirmed that Jos said he was dropped because of 'finances.'

Just as worrying, Chansiri denied this to the player so - with these porkies - no wonder if morale was rock bottom.

Westy also confirmed that he nearly went in the Summer but it didn't quite come off.

Possibly this is related to Cardiff's reputed £3 milllion bid that Chansiri appears to have rejected.

If so, that ' s about a £4.5 million gross down the tube for half a season from this keeper, and a wasted year with Jos.

Thankfully, Brucey won't stand for this rubbish.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I honestly don't get it..

Chansiri denied it...Jos goes.... Westwood starts....?

Seems Chansiri was telling the truth and Jos wsn't...doesn't it?

Otherwise Westy would still not be playing..

Or maybe Chansiri reevaluated the situation?

While Jos did make some shocking decisions, I don't think all the blame rests on him. 

It may have been financially motivated, at the end of the day we were told we were up s#it creek. So maybe he chose to try and build a squad  knowing that in the summer he would have to get rid of big earners...

Now he's gone, players who had been frozen out are now back.... so it will be very very interesting to see if Westwood stays after the season and see which players are kept. I can see some massive changes coming and some of the players being used now may not have contracts renewed in the summer.

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I honestly don't get it..

Chansiri denied it...Jos goes.... Westwood starts....?

Seems Chansiri was telling the truth and Jos wsn't...doesn't it?

Otherwise Westy would still not be playing..

Of course, Westy knows what's in his contract.

But it could be a contract extension on big bucks that he can't now achieve, even if he plays rest of season.

Of all the things that Jos did, making Dawson his number one was entirely understandable given our financial situation.

Lets face it - as good as Westwood is, he's a big earner, potentially not a ling term keeper for us, and it seems we have zero money.

If Dawson started makimg some seriously good performances there would be a seriously big selling value on his head at the very least.

Its just didnt work out, but that doesnt mean he's not a decent young keeper - and one we'll now have a job keeping happy being a bench warmer especially now he's had a taste of being a regular.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobness said:

Or maybe Chansiri reevaluated the situation?

While Jos did make some shocking decisions, I don't think all the blame rests on him. 

Jos was well out his depth but it’s obvious the clueless chairman dictated he didn’t play then relented when it looked like we were in trouble / when jos got sacked .