club crest

Guest The Claw

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Actually, I'd say a Canadian rapper using a logo which bears a passing resemblance to that of a second tier English football team might in fact be a pretty good example of a coincidence.

:duntmatter:

Think he means Drake using it is a good example of why it is very easy to recognise.

He's too busy making terrible music than know about us.

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Actually, I'd say a Canadian rapper using a logo which bears a passing resemblance to that of a second tier English football team might in fact be a pretty good example of a coincidence.

I can’t see the appeal of Drake. He a self-absorbed moaner. 

7 hours ago, shandypants said:

I can’t see the appeal of Drake. He a self-absorbed moaner. 

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That's the appeal.

Teenagers love that poo.

My mate played one of Drake’s albums (on Spotify) as I was driving a few of us to an away match - his workmate was raving about the album so my mate fancied a listen to it. He got a few “what’s this 5h1t” comments from the lads during the ordeal of listening to the album and by the end of it, I felt so depressed, bored and annoyed that I was considering deliberately crashing the car as that would have been a more fulfilling experience than listening to Drake. 

• Haha 2

Guest The Claw
12 hours ago, Owlsend said:

So you’re telling me we got beat by a very poor five-year-old drawing of a Tree

Spasticatered Swan

sorry bro not me particularly 

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Never liked the previous badge, think the new one is great.

As a kid in the 70's my dad gave me one of the old pin badges from the 60's and thought why did they change.

So happy with the new old one.

Yeah I was thinking about this. The sixties badge was much classier than the current one...it’s that flippin Owl with its cartoon eyes and long eye lashes which is wrong, wrong, wrong. Has anyone still got a lapel badge or shirt with the 60’s version of the badge? Would be nice to compare the three of them.

18 hours ago, Onge said:

The old crest would win the best crest in world football...

#bringbacktheoldbadge

the present one is 'the old crest'

do you mean the 1970's one?

I can remember a forest shirt when they had a proper badge too, not the simplistic, modernistic, childlike drawing they have now.

17 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Me too.

I always thought it looked classy when I saw it on old programmes from when my dad was a lad, and although I thought the 70s owl looked decent, it looks very much of its time to me now.

That opinion has nothing to do with upsetting Chansiri or not.

it is so late 1960's, early1970's.

17 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

This is all we need

See the source image

been there, done it, moved on.

17 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

This is all we need

See the source image

This is S.W.F.C.

ALWAYS WILL BE..

I live darn'south n everbody recognises it,the new Eddie Izzard rimming badge they just laugh at....Embarrassing really.....I have no deffence,havnt even got the passion to defend it,as i just dont relate to it,not feeling it DC......how sad....UTO FTFB....

Must admit that I prefer the new one to the 'compter drawing ' of the older one, and still like the original one. However, let me throw the cat among the pigeons  One logo that I spotted during the various FACup shenanigans was the OLDHAM one, with its rather dark, threatening (to me) Owl, seemed very attractive.  

I loved our old badge - I actually think it looks far more modern than the current one.

If you look at the big clubs, their marketing departments have clearly had a say in making the badges more simplified and less historic than the old type. We seem to have gone in the opposite direction! 

I don’t really think it’s appropriate for a foreign owner with no previous connections to the club to come in and change it unless the fans were unhappy. 

Chansiri has done some great things for the club but I don’t think changing our kit or badge are among those. It makes him slightly more open of criticism when things start going wrong too.

That said, if people are voting ours the third best, i’m probably completely wrong! 

Edited by gbear05

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Must admit that I prefer the new one to the 'compter drawing ' of the older one, and still like the original one. However, let me throw the cat among the pigeons  One logo that I spotted during the various FACup shenanigans was the OLDHAM one, with its rather dark, threatening (to me) Owl, seemed very attractive.  

I've looked at the Oldham badge (with envy) on a number of occasions.