Unhealthy sugary snacks.

5 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Seems to be a difference of opinion here.  Which one is peddling fake news?

There's no difference of opinion on the underpinning science, what Owl14 is highlighting is the basis of the science behind energy utilisation during exercise and more specifically the role of sugar, or as he said glucose, but if we're being more specific it's stored glucose which is glycogen that needs to be converted to glucose to fuel ATP (adenosine tri-phosphate) through a process glycolysis. None of that can be disputed, it's just the science of fuelling exercise. 

What i disputed was the need for sugar in the form of sweets in professional sports. If a player is reaching for sugar in the form of sweets to fuel their training then something went wrong along the way. Either they missed meals and didn't fuel as they should or someone forgot the more optimal fuelling solutions such as cyclic dextrin. 

Owl14's point about improved performance is somewhat vague too, it infers sugars are necessary for all performance improvements or that performance cannot be improved without sugared up full glycogen, however for aerobic based activity a case for training low state (not carbed up) or even just on fats could be beneficial.

The lack of knowledge the average person has on diet and nutrition is worrying, anyone can indulge in the odd pizza or burger even athletes, it won't make them fat or unfit as it's all about calories in vs calories out. Pro football players probably have to eat a caloric surplus to even maintain their weight with the calories they burn daily. Eating a few sugary sweets is great for a burst of energy, has no one ever noticed the drinks that players take in during the game are not just pure water, they'll be isotonic sports drinks. 

No wonder we have so many fat bald fans in skin tight Wednesday shirts. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

The lack of knowledge the average person has on diet and nutrition is worrying, anyone can indulge in the odd pizza or burger even athletes, it won't make them fat or unfit as it's all about calories in vs calories out. Pro football players probably have to eat a caloric surplus to even maintain their weight with the calories they burn daily. Eating a few sugary sweets is great for a burst of energy, has no one ever noticed the drinks that players take in during the game are not just pure water, they'll be isotonic sports drinks. 

Yes, it's a well known fact that a lack of diet and nutrition knowledge causes hair loss.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Performance nutrition is about a LOT more than ‘calories in Vs Calories out’ of it wasn’t you’d probably get the nutritionist job at S6. 

12 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

As if you would get it

.lol

I can’t ever Imagine being so offended because someone has an education and does a job that you pretend to know about and therefore comments with both knowledge and experience on the topic matter. 

The fact you’re so intent on being right to the point you resort to being insulting says a lot more about your mental health than it does about your knowledge too. 

I genuinely hope you’re ok fella. 

13 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

I can’t ever Imagine being so offended because someone has an education and does a job that you pretend to know about and therefore comments with both knowledge and experience on the topic matter. 

The fact you’re so intent on being right to the point you resort to being insulting says a lot more about your mental health than it does about your knowledge too. 

I genuinely hope you’re ok fella. 

I'm not the one making stuff up and pretending to be an expert pal

lol

7 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I'm not the one making stuff up and pretending to be an expert pal

lol

Ok answer this:

If sugar in the form of sweets is so good for the players energy why don't they have bags of haribo by the side of the pitch during matches?

Also, if sugar is so important for energy and you think i'm wrong about the nutritional strategies at SWFC, why are there bottles of a isotonic stevia (a low calorie alternative to sugar) drink at the side of the pitch? 

Also why are there no research papers on pizza as a recovery option in professional sports on pubmed? 

Let's say i am lying and unemployed, i've just kicked your balls with basic logic kidda lol 

8 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Ok answer this:

If sugar in the form of sweets is so good for the players energy why don't they have bags of haribo by the side of the pitch during matches?

Also, if sugar is so important for energy and you think i'm wrong about the nutritional strategies at SWFC, why are there bottles of a isotonic stevia (a low calorie alternative to sugar) drink at the side of the pitch? 

Also why are there no research papers on pizza as a recovery option in professional sports on pubmed? 

Let's say i am lying and unemployed, i've just kicked your balls with basic logic kidda lol 

Nice googling.

The experts at our club know more than you.

Hence why they get employed in that area and you don't

Edited by Belfast Owl 2

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Nice googling.

The experts at our club know more than you.

Hence why they get employed.

What's to google, i just asked a question lol 

I just put your reply through google translate though, it came back with this:

'i don't know' 

it must be difficult being as thick as you. 

13 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Ah , you `ve met our lass then.