Getting Carried Away

We as supporters along with most of the squad have had our hands tied behind our backs, SB wishes to cut the bonds that we have become accustomed to. To hell with not getting carried away, we need a bit of excitement, we need to dream, we need to be the Owls that we used to be, let’s think big, or even massive.  lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, toppOwl said:

The sad thing for me is despite having the worst manager in our history for half a season we are only 9 points off the play off, as Jim Bowen used to say "look what we could have won".

I reckon this could make us madder and madder as the season pans out...Imagine finishing 4 or 5 points offa the play offs

4 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I often think back to when Hughton took over at Brighton in the January of a season, he kept them up but his record over 20 games wasn’t that amazing. More losses that wins. But what he did during that time was sort out the club’s structure, procedures and playing squad, so they were ready for a playoff push the following season. And I feel Bruce will do the same for us 

I'd love this to happen mate but I'm not sure how Steve is going to negotiate the ffp debacle if we're under embargo. How will he tweak the squad for a top 6 effort when under severe restrictions? 

7 hours ago, Tudders said:

Steve Bruce coming in has been like a breath of fresh air. I completely trust him to do what’s in the best interest of the club.

This summer will see us shed a lot of the dead wood which has been holding us back and restricting us financially for a long time, without getting anything in return.

It will be then that Bruce can start making his mark and hopefully bring some new players in. To mould the squad into a group of players that he’s happy with will take time.

Everyone seems to have felt the ‘Bruce Effect’ which is great, however this has fuelled some over ambitious targets. By this I mean mention of the play offs is,in my opinion, is a step too far. 

Although the number of points behind 6th place isn’t that many, there’s too many teams between us and the play off spots in my opinion, for us to mount a serious challenge. If as a fan base we build up the expectations, fuelled by the new found feel good factor, we could have egg on our faces.

What I really don’t want is for us to miss out on the play offs, despite making improvements on the pitch, and there be a sense of disappointment and negativity due to missing out on an unrealistic target. 

We just need to enjoy the fact that Bruce has come in, and DC-who has got the best interest of the club at heart-has hopefully learned from mistakes previously made, Bruce can get now get on with shaping and building this squad as he deems fit.He knows what it takes to achieve promotion. 

We just need to keep our feet on the ground,remain patient and let things unfold. We are heading in the right direction.

absolutely spot on,talking about top 6 is miles off,we don't look like a top 6 side