Press Conference at 9am?!

36 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Do I think he's bothered about fans opinions on a forum? Yes. He's a human being.

You read any of Hutch's interviews of listened to him about the shear hell of going through injuries and being away from the team? Add in being insulted in public while you're doing it and yes I do think Hooper could be bothered what is said on here.

If we had a few thousand of us posting about your performance in your day job and mocking you for being injured or sick I imagine you'd be looking for work elsewhere before too long or at the very least less motivated to come in and work your hardest for the people who are mocking you.

It just boggles my mind that we still have this section of our fan base who's first instinct is to assume the worst in our players. We never seem to learn.

If you've had a long term injury gentle walking and exercise is a vital part of rehab, physios often recommend golf as a good course of action in rehab but we can't go one thread about Hooper without people chiming in taking the mickey about him playing golf for some reason. Is it a money thing or a jealousy thing?

Hooper is one of our best players if he plays in that role behind a front man that we're desperate for some class in. If he's fit and links play we're so much better than without him but people line up on here to take the wee wee out of him.

Gary, if you are reading, I am truly sorry. It was wrong of me to assume you would come back overweight as you have done following injuries throughout your career. It was also wrong of me to suggest our appalling run with injuries is anything to do with the club itself rather than implausibly bad luck. 

I look forward to seeing you back on the pitch in a Wednesday shirt. 

• Haha 2

He wasn't my first choice for manager but he would always get my backing however I'm now warming to Brucey. Talks sense and shows honesty when answering any question. There's a lot to sort out but I now believe wev'e got the right man as long as DC continues to leave him to his own devices and backs him fully. 

2 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

If I'd been injured for a long time, been through several surgeries and worked my ass off in rehabilitation for months to get back playing that's exactly what I'd want to read on a forum for people who are supposed to be supporting me....

Obviously not supporters

Rubbish press conference, I miss Jos swearing at local reporters!!!! :Pelupessy:

Joking aside though, listening to that was like a breath of fresh air. Given time Bruce will sort this club out, he just needs the fans to be patient and not to expect miracles.

So, Hooper, like many other people of ALL classes, and that includes many of the colliers that worked for me, likes a round of golf.

I don't play myself, but was always keen on walking and was one of those people who considered a round of golf a waste of a good walk.

Until I had occasion to take three mates for a 4 day holiday in Troon. I was the only non golfer, but was interested in the rudiments of the game, and so I asked if I could accompany them, and ask what they might consider silly questions, but what I wanted to know were the rudiments of the game.They agreed and I duly followed them on their 'holiday'. -18 holes in the morning, a spot of lunch, usually of the liquid variety,followed by .a further 9 or more often 18 holes after.  I was amazed by how much fitter they were than myself! Golf is far from the pleasant stroll that many imagine, and an excellent way to recover from injury.

Such a pleasure to listen to a manager answering questions directly and not being evasive and terse.

My God, the players mood , energy and optimism must have improved 100%...and not just the players, us fans too. I’m certainly enjoying life a bit more now !

I will avoid suggesting that we all knew that this sort of move blindingly obvious and just be happy that it eventually happened.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I have to smile when SB  says Joáo is still young  . He has been " young"  since he joined us. 

Peter Pan Joáo is 25. 

Will he ever get old.? lol

I feel our club is now in very good hands on the managing department  . 

Talks sense....no waffle. 

At my age 25 is young. I've got nephews in their 30's and they seem young.

21 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Top manager, says everything you want to hear as a supporter.  

With him and Chansiri’s money, we just need the FFP rules to loosen and then I would be very confident of being a top 6 side for the next few seasons. 

Rather be a bottom 6 side in the Premier League.

33 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Top manager, says everything you want to hear as a supporter.  

With him and Chansiri’s money, we just need the FFP rules to loosen and then I would be very confident of being a top 6 side for the next few seasons. 

Totally agree, no one can guarantee promotion as you don’t know if 3 other teams will do a wolves and buy champions league players for £20m. All you can do is sort your own club out and create a team that “should” be good enough for top 6. Then anything can happen as Cardiff and Burnley found out 

Edited by Southie_Owl