Press Conference at 9am?!

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

If I'd been injured for a long time, been through several surgeries and worked my ass off in rehabilitation for months to get back playing that's exactly what I'd want to read on a forum for people who are supposed to be supporting me....

29 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

If I'd been injured for a long time, been through several surgeries and worked my ass off in rehabilitation for months to get back playing that's exactly what I'd want to read on a forum for people who are supposed to be supporting me....

Do you really think Hooper is bothered what people say on a forum? He wouldn’t be a championship footballer if he let other people’s opinions affect him like that! And besides, he’s too busy on the Senior Golf Circuit! 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Just now, AwokenGiant said:

Do you really think Hooper is bothered what people say on a forum? He wouldn’t be a championship footballer if he let other people’s opinions affect him like that! And besides, he’s too busy on the Senior Golf Circuit! 

This...

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Do I think he's bothered about fans opinions on a forum? Yes. He's a human being.

You read any of Hutch's interviews of listened to him about the shear hell of going through injuries and being away from the team? Add in being insulted in public while you're doing it and yes I do think Hooper could be bothered what is said on here.

If we had a few thousand of us posting about your performance in your day job and mocking you for being injured or sick I imagine you'd be looking for work elsewhere before too long or at the very least less motivated to come in and work your hardest for the people who are mocking you.

It just boggles my mind that we still have this section of our fan base who's first instinct is to assume the worst in our players. We never seem to learn.

If you've had a long term injury gentle walking and exercise is a vital part of rehab, physios often recommend golf as a good course of action in rehab but we can't go one thread about Hooper without people chiming in taking the mickey about him playing golf for some reason. Is it a money thing or a jealousy thing?

Hooper is one of our best players if he plays in that role behind a front man that we're desperate for some class in. If he's fit and links play we're so much better than without him but people line up on here to take the wee wee out of him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Do I think he's bothered about fans opinions on a forum? Yes. He's a human being.

You read any of Hutch's interviews of listened to him about the shear hell of going through injuries and being away from the team? Add in being insulted in public while you're doing it and yes I do think Hooper could be bothered what is said on here.

If we had a few thousand of us posting about your performance in your day job and mocking you for being injured or sick I imagine you'd be looking for work elsewhere before too long or at the very least less motivated to come in and work your hardest for the people who are mocking you.

It just boggles my mind that we still have this section of our fan base who's first instinct is to assume the worst in our players. We never seem to learn.

If you've had a long term injury gentle walking and exercise is a vital part of rehab, physios often recommend golf as a good course of action in rehab but we can't go one thread about Hooper without people chiming in taking the mickey about him playing golf for some reason. Is it a money thing or a jealousy thing?

Hooper is one of our best players if he plays in that role behind a front man that we're desperate for some class in. If he's fit and links play we're so much better than without him but people line up on here to take the wee wee out of him.

I'm hearing you, but there is a massive difference between abuse and light hearted banter! 

Just now, AwokenGiant said:

I'm hearing you, but there is a massive difference between abuse and light hearted banter! 

Yeah true, I appear to have gone off on one :) Sorry

It's the atmosphere around the club and the players over the last few managers that's all. The little comments and boos and chosen scapegoats each season add up and sap the confidence and atmosphere from the club. If we get players like Reach, Hooper, FF and co confident and playing and looking forward to their football we're as good as anyone in this division.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Yeah true, I appear to have gone off on one :) Sorry

It's the atmosphere around the club and the players over the last few managers that's all. The little comments and boos and chosen scapegoats each season add up and sap the confidence and atmosphere from the club. If we get players like Reach, Hooper, FF and co confident and playing and looking forward to their football we're as good as anyone in this division.

It's OK Gary, now go and relax and sink a few putts.

• Haha 6