Hooper - depends if think can recover, offer a year

Lee - same as Hooper

Westwood - keep

so....save approx 130k wages

try get back 3 or 4m for VA and offer Chelsea 1m for Hec

2 -3m to spend plus 130k wages for new players

simples lol

Nah

Keep Westwood as clearly we have seen the defence with Westwood in goal keeps clean sheet after clean sheet, the defence without Westwood concedes two goals a game, goal keeping is not just about shot stopping its about leading and marshalling the back line. Dawson with a few years working with Westwood will get better at it. 

We are very weak in the full backs, if we are not lining up some free agents in the summer then Palmer needs resigning to a new deal, he cannot be on a massive salary now the rest for me can go. Hooper has been injured every season when fit he is a good player the problem is he is never fit.

Of the ones in contract get rid of Fox, Nuihu, JVA. if Fessi is not resigned to a new deal (current one ends 2020) then sell and get some money in, if not then probably Winnall will be offloaded.

Then Wildsmith, Baker, Penney, Kirkby, Preston, Neilson all need to spend at least 6 months on loan at league 1 or 2 to get regular game time we all saw how much it improved Thorniley and Clare playing regular football away from the first team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Only hector worth keeping . The rest have had their day and or are crap . Oh I’d keep Palmer as back up too 

id keep palmer as a back up if he is on peanuts 3-4k a week otherwise id get rid . we need to get the likes of hector signed up now and others ,im sure bruce will know that when we go into an embargo that certain players will be signed up , no1 knows how the league will treat us but I think Birmingham were allowed 3 loans but no full signings.it could be a similar scenario with us. 

3 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Agree with him completely.

Van Aken

Palmer

Preston

Onomah (loan)

Hec (loan)

Matias

O'Grady

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Hooper

Lee

Westwood

Only realistically want to keep Hector,Westwood if im being honest. As Lee and Hooper who I both rate arent going to figure at all from now just cant see it. Which is a huge shame. If both accepted a pay as you play next season id 100 percent do that. But highly unlikely. 

If you did keep Westwood,Hector you would be saving around 170k a week id say. A huge amount IF we can avoid ffp. Some real scope for freebies and loans in the summer to replace the 11 going and trimming the squad.

Agreed , keep Westwood,  try and sign Hector on a permanent deal and ditch the rest.

It’s been well documented particularly on here that the squad needs freshening up but there’s a fair amount of uncertainty as to whether we might be able to do this?

It wouldn’t surprise me if we ended up keeping the likes of Palmer and Boyd in particular.

9 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Van Aken

Palmer

Preston

Onomah (loan)

Hec (loan)

Matias

O'Grady

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Hooper

Lee

Westwood

Only realistically want to keep Hector,Westwood if im being honest. As Lee and Hooper who I both rate arent going to figure at all from now just cant see it. Which is a huge shame. If both accepted a pay as you play next season id 100 percent do that. But highly unlikely. 

If you did keep Westwood,Hector you would be saving around 170k a week id say. A huge amount IF we can avoid ffp. Some real scope for freebies and loans in the summer to replace the 11 going and trimming the squad.

Hooper and Lee may accept a pay cut as it would be extremely unlikely for them to be offered their current wage anywhere else. But they would never do pay as you play. 

Next seasons squad

Westwood  dawson  wildsmith

Iorfa  palmer

Lees  hector (please) thornly +1 

Fox +1 as first choice

Hutch  bannan  reach  cat  aarons (season loan) maybe a beast in diame mold+1

Fletch joao FF winnal  dave

3 signings needed....and if aarons does well get him back in loan if poss. A few of the young uns could come in if required.

On 07/02/2019 at 11:07, JOHNHARKES said:

Van Aken

Palmer

Preston

Onomah (loan)

Hec (loan)

Matias

O'Grady

Jones

Abdi

Boyd

Hooper

Lee

Westwood

I think 'presently' we are a better side with westwood in it, HOWEVER, hoping a great deal of work has been done on catching and punching crosses, and command of the area with dawson to ready him for the 'step up' as already he is the better shot stopper and better reflexes imo.