Rhodes goals

32 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think the boats sailed long ago here he will be swimming else where. The truth is we bought a striker who didnt suit are style of play snd we didnt really need. Then Jos came in and played ultra defensive football so Rhodes had no chance. Maybe his best days are gone but he has performed at other clubs. 

Agree entirely. ...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think the boats sailed long ago here he will be swimming else where. The truth is we bought a striker who didnt suit are style of play snd we didnt really need. Then Jos came in and played ultra defensive football so Rhodes had no chance. Maybe his best days are gone but he has performed at other clubs. 

But yet Nuhiu and João thrived in the ‘ultra defensive’ Jos set up and started banging them in. 

4 hours ago, Walt said:

But yet Nuhiu and João thrived in the ‘ultra defensive’ Jos set up and started banging them in. 

And this season Nuhiu armed with new contract has done what ??? Joao is a talent if he showed the determination and resolve required he could play at a level higher than the championship. 

45 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

And this season Nuhiu armed with new contract has done what ??? Joao is a talent if he showed the determination and resolve required he could play at a level higher than the championship. 

Have we really tried the João, Nuhiu partnership this season?

That’s beside the point anyway as  the point was an ultra defensive manager was the reason why Rhodes couldn’t score but we quite clearly saw in Nuhiu and João that wasn’t the case as both thrived. 

21 minutes ago, Walt said:

Have we really tried the João, Nuhiu partnership this season?

That’s beside the point anyway as  the point was an ultra defensive manager was the reason why Rhodes couldn’t score but we quite clearly saw in Nuhiu and João that wasn’t the case as both thrived. 

Thrived last season not this under Jos. Joao has scored 9 this season 7 under Jos but Nuhiu has scored 3 all season so I dont think he has thrived under Jos or anyone.Rhodes has scored 9 at Norwich with limited game time so has proved he can still score goals at this level.

6 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Thrived last season not this under Jos. Joao has scored 9 this season 7 under Jos but Nuhiu has scored 3 all season so I dont think he has thrived under Jos or anyone.Rhodes has scored 9 at Norwich with limited game time so has proved he can still score goals at this level.

We were talking about last season mate as that was the like for like comparison when all three were here at the club under an ultra defensive  manager. All had a level playing field to impress, two of those took their chance, one failed.

Rhodes isn’t here this season and this season was all over the shop as it seemed Jos totally lost the plot. Rhodes is now (sometimes) playing for a team flying at the top of the division so the comparison this season is unfair imo. 

That said it does appear that Rhodes can still score goals at this level (is it 6 in the league?). Makes you wonder how many João or Nuhiu would get playing for Norwich.

8 minutes ago, Walt said:

We were talking about last season mate as that was the like for like comparison when all three were here at the club under an ultra defensive  manager. All had a level playing field to impress, two of those took their chance, one failed.

Rhodes isn’t here this season and this season was all over the shop as it seemed Jos totally lost the plot. Rhodes is now (sometimes) playing for a team flying at the top of the division so the comparison this season is unfair imo. 

That said it does appear that Rhodes can still score goals at this level (is it 6 in the league?). Makes you wonder how many João or Nuhiu would get playing for Norwich.

Joao plenty Nuhiu probably not as when we were flying high he was hardly pulling up trees. One purple patch in 4 seasons is the most he has offered.

21 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Joao plenty Nuhiu probably not as when we were flying high he was hardly pulling up trees. One purple patch in 4 seasons is the most he has offered.

I think Nuhiu’s stats / performances are probably skewed by the actual amount of time he spent on the pitch as opposed to games played. I read on here at one point during his career with us, something like he was only the pitch for 180 minutes yet had many appearances...but I’m not going to argue the cause for Nuhiu.

Edited by Walt

8 minutes ago, Walt said:

I think Nuhiu’s stats / performances are probably skewed by the actual amount of time he spent on the pitch as opposed to games played. I read on here at one point during his career with us, something like he was only the pitch for 180 minutes yet had many appearances...but I’m not going to argue the cause for Nuhiu.

Bit of an enigma but to me one who should have gone by now. The real quality stripped from the team is the absence of Hooper . May well be his time at this level is also over.That is a sad loss.

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Bit of an enigma but to me one who should have gone by now. The real quality stripped from the team is the absence of Hooper . May well be his time at this level is also over.That is a sad loss.

Yeah, proper player is / was?Hooper. Until he came here I never realised how good he was as I thought he was just a Rhodes type goal scorer.

Soon changed my opinion on him when he sussed that playing on the shoulder of the last defender wasn’t going to work here. Started playing as a no.10 and became a key part in how we played. It’s one thing realising that he needed to change his game but you also need the skill to do it. He made it look easy. 

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

Yeah, proper player is / was?Hooper. Until he came here I never realised how good he was as I thought he was just a Rhodes type goal scorer.

Soon changed my opinion on him when he sussed that playing on the shoulder of the last defender wasn’t going to work here. Started playing as a no.10 and became a key part in how we played. It’s one thing realising that he needed to change his game but you also need the skill to do it. He made it look easy. 

Me too, can remember having a debate with Wilyfox on here, as I thought he wouldn’t be right for the way we were playing How wrong I was, a very intelligent player, who was exactly what we needed

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Me too, can remember having a debate with Wilyfox on here, as I thought he wouldn’t be right for the way we were playing How wrong I was, a very intelligent player, who was exactly what we needed

Now I think about it, I think I read somewhere that it was Neil Lennon who got Hooper to try and play the no.10 role when he was at Celtic. Don’t know how true it is mind? 

10 minutes ago, Walt said:

Now I think about it, I think I read somewhere that it was Neil Lennon who got Hooper to try and play the no.10 role when he was at Celtic. Don’t know how true it is mind? 

He didn’t operate there for Norwich at the time. Can remember, I was spending a lot of time in Norfolk back then, and chatting with Norwich fans I knew, they all said the same thing He was the best finisher at the club, but had little appetite for stuff outside the box Don’t know whether that clouded my judgement, but I was delighted to have been proven wrong

Just hope Rhodes can keep chipping in a few for Norwich. Don’t care if they come in the last ten minutes when Norwich are already 3-0 up. Whatever improves his record and so increases his value. We’ll need all we can scrape together to build a team next season and off loading his wages again will be a plus. Can only dream of a fee.

• Haha 1