Rhodes goals

22 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Service no striker can score without it.

A real striker would shove his teamates out of the way to score goals ..

Dooley, Clough, Latchford Shearer to name a few.

Greedy as Hell if it didnt fall for them? they'd hunt the ball down and anyone who got in their way ...

I've not seen much hunt and hunger in Rhodes to be honest?

I'm not expecting a Kinkladze or a Duncan Ferguson but he Rhodes has got to modify his game to keep up...

there's no place in football today for a goal hanger he needs a few rabbits and flags up his sleeves he needs to up his game ..

Sink or swim time for Jordan Rhodes..

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Long curly-haired git Wetherspoons owner. Talks sheite about Brexit in a Naarridge accent. 

Think you mean Tim Martin.

In my opinion, I think there is definitely a future for Rhodes here, whether he is good or not, because of the relation to Agnew. However, I think he could thrive in a Bruce team, with wingers that actually beat a man and whip a ball in. He would get lots of chances.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

We’d better not

You do rate Rhodes. I get that but we’ve got a player who lets be honest we’re going to struggle to shift so at the end of the day we might as well try to get as much out of him as possible. The situation regardless of the whys and wherefores is what it is,

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

You do rate Rhodes. I get that but we’ve got a player who lets be honest we’re going to struggle to shift so at the end of the day we might as well try to get as much out of him as possible. The situation regardless of the whys and wherefores is what it is,

Well I’m a realist, and the situation is, as you say, we are stuck with him No club that might want him, will pay more than a token amount for him. If we were to receive a paltry offer, I’d take it, and then he’s somebody else’s problem. However, if he comes back, we just utilise him in the way that Norwich have, giving him minutes at the end of the game He’s shown he can get goals when used in that way. What we really mustn’t do though, is change our whole way of playing just to accommodate Jordan Rhodes

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Well I’m a realist, and the situation is, as you say, we are stuck with him No club that might want him, will pay more than a token amount for him. If we were to receive a paltry offer, I’d take it, and then he’s somebody else’s problem. However, if he comes back, we just utilise him in the way that Norwich have, giving him minutes at the end of the game He’s shown he can get goals when used in that way. What we really mustn’t do though, is change our whole way of playing just to accommodate Jordan Rhodes

If changing our play to suit Rhodes means we attack with speed, width and crosses I’d be quite happy to see us change. 

Norwich have scored 57 to our 34. Bring it on. 

We might already be seeing some changes in the way we play

Since Dross left we have gone a lot more direct and it was noticeable on Saturday we had lots more players in attacking positions when we went forward. We then had more chances

I realise we played against a poor side but it will be interesting to see if this continues on Saturday 

Rhodes has not played regular football for nearly 3 season. 

Get him in a side playing week in week out and when match sharp he will start scoring goals again.

Have him in and out of the side or playing in a one up top role with no service and he is a waste of £8m quid.

For me we have missed a trick with Norwich - yes we are saving on his wages but he is not playing or scoring goals so he is not worth it to anyone.

Realistically we need to hope someone takes a punt on him in the summer in the hope he can rediscover his goal scoring form. More likely he will be back with us next season not getting much game time until his contract is up in the summer of 2020. Maybe Bruce will get the best out of him and his goal could be vital to us next season depending where we are with the financial mess DC has left us in.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

So as long as he plays in a good team who create chances for their strikers, he's not actually lost it and his goalscoring form turns out to be pretty decent, then?

That's good, as I'm sure Bruce is intending us to become just that kind of team ourselves.

He missed a shed load of easy chances before we shipped him out though. 

Not enough service basically. He arrived here way short of full match fitness so was always catching up. Add to that we'd stopped playing to the strengths of a Rhodes type player. In the 17/18 season Hooper and Fletcher were our best partnership in the first third/half of the season and it was difficult to see where Rhodes could get in while they were on form. When they both got injured he got a chance. If you think back to the first two league games under Jos, United away and Cardiff at home, he did have chances but was so rusty from not playing regularly and not being in from he rushed them. I genuinely think that Cardiff game made Jos' mind up about getting rid of him.

I think it's also worth noting Rhodes arrived here under so much pressure to perform and with so much expectation that the pressure probably did get to him a bit. Hopefully Steve Bruce can utilise him next season.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

If changing our play to suit Rhodes means we attack with speed, width and crosses I’d be quite happy to see us change. 

Norwich have scored 57 to our 34. Bring it on. 

Speed and wing play would be nice...but Rhodes barely gets a game, they are definitely not playing to suit Rhodes style