Rhodes goals

15 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Rhodes is similar to me can go age's without a goal then has a rash of them.  I go ages without been plussed on OT then get loads for no apparent reason... Football eh?

Sorry. Couldn't resist negging 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Norwich 925 minutes 6 goals = goal every 154 minutes

Owls 2900 minutes 8 goals = goal every 360 minutes

All other clubs he scored a goal every 150-200 minutes.

Why?

(only included League)

Wingers

Speedy wingers

Passing him the ball 

Not thundering the ball 6 foot over his head

The list can go on...

22 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Rhodes is similar to me can go age's without a goal then has a rash of them.  I go ages without been plussed on OT then get loads for no apparent reason... Football eh?

Oh I dunno Norris ....

Sorry Mycroft you can bag the occasional cracker now and then ?...........

emily-1.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, LittleG said:

Who's Tom Martin? I'm sure you know the answer to your question; we haven't been renowned for chance creation and getting the ball in the box.

Long curly-haired git Wetherspoons owner. Talks sheite about Brexit in a Naarridge accent. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, agentwalker said:

The guys lost it. Passing on the responsibility of the pen in the playoff semi tells me everything about the guy. Would be very surprised if he ever regained any sort of goalscoring form for the rest of his career.

But he’s found it again at Norwich. Do you know how good a goal every 150 minutes is across his career? 

He only ”lost it” with us.

I think we don’t create anywhere near enough for a poacher, 

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's doing very well to be averaging a goal every 154 minutes this season for Norwich, then.

If you stuck nuhiu in that team he'd be just as affective. There a good team who are putting chances on a plate for their strikers at the moment 

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

Just out of interest, would you said he'd lost it back when he was playing for Huddersfield? I ask because he wasn't one of the five named penalty takers in their Play-off shootout either.

But did they ask him to take one?? 

There's not many £10 million strikers who would refuse to take a pen when the manager comes calling.

1 hour ago, Dooogs said:

Exactly. The whole point of the OP is that his Wednesday form increasingly looks like an aberration rather than a long-term trend.

We didn't have the right sort of set-up play for Rhodes to thrive. We pumped long-balls from midfield at him, often surrounded by a couple of defenders, rather than counter-attacking and getting horizontal crosses in. He should have been treated tactically like a poor man's Carroll rather than a Sheringham \ Heskey style link-up player.

Exactly.

Posters saying he lost confidence here....hardly surprising given the service we offered up. Now he is in an attacking side his goal-scoring stats are back where they always were.

I’ll remind you of my conversation with an udders ST holder when we signed him...

Me “Is he fast?”

udders “Christ no”

“Is he strong?”

”Nope”

”Good in the air?”

”Not especially”

”What has he got then?”

”Knows where the back of the net is”

53 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Anyone as old as me, and can remember the Spitting Image sketch where Ronald Reagan was trying to press the Nuclear Red Button But his aids kept slapping his hand away? 

Thats me trying to resist negging Mycroft. 

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Exactly.

Posters saying he lost confidence here....hardly surprising given the service we offered up. Now he is in an attacking side his goal-scoring stats are back where they always were.

I’ll remind you of my conversation with an udders ST holder when we signed him...

Me “Is he fast?”

udders “Christ no”

“Is he strong?”

”Nope”

”Good in the air?”

”Not especially”

”What has he got then?”

”Knows where the back of the net is” 

Just not from 12 yards with just a keeper to beat. :carlosswfc:

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

Just not from 12 yards with just a keeper to beat. :carlosswfc:

On a tangent....anyone ever seen a pen struck better than Hooper at Ipswich last season? 

Goalie still looking for his hand. 

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

I've a similar story.

I go ages without scoring.

Then finish up with a rash.

FFS.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

If you stuck nuhiu in that team he'd be just as affective. There a good team who are putting chances on a plate for their strikers at the moment 

So as long as he plays in a good team who create chances for their strikers, he's not actually lost it and his goalscoring form turns out to be pretty decent, then?

That's good, as I'm sure Bruce is intending us to become just that kind of team ourselves.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Norwich 925 minutes 6 goals = goal every 154 minutes

Owls 2900 minutes 8 goals = goal every 360 minutes

All other clubs he scored a goal every 150-200 minutes.

Why?

(only included League)

Reminds me, i need to get some dinner on