Rhodes goals

Maybe other teams get the ball into the box quicker.

Rhodes isn't the quickest off the mark but he has/had good anticipation those few seconds to get away from a defender make a massive difference.

We would pass, pass, pass and then pass, so any space created for an instant is quickly lost and then he is marked up.

The goal away at  Norwich is a typical Rhodes goal.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Norwich 925 minutes 6 goals = goal every 154 minutes

Owls 2900 minutes 8 goals = goal every 360 minutes

All other clubs he scored a goal every 150-200 minutes.

Why?

(only included League)

We have our own super sub in Joao He has a better goals per minutes record than Rhodes this season. He also offers more in other areas than Rhodes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The guys lost it. Passing on the responsibility of the pen in the playoff semi tells me everything about the guy. Would be very surprised if he ever regained any sort of goalscoring form for the rest of his career.

Just out of interest, would you said he'd lost it back when he was playing for Huddersfield? I ask because he wasn't one of the five named penalty takers in their Play-off shootout either.

Guest LittleG
9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You may be onto something.

That Wetherspoons tvvat Tom Martin is from Norwich. 

Who's Tom Martin? I'm sure you know the answer to your question; we haven't been renowned for chance creation and getting the ball in the box.

10 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

The guys lost it. Passing on the responsibility of the pen in the playoff semi tells me everything about the guy. Would be very surprised if he ever regained any sort of goalscoring form for the rest of his career.

He's doing very well to be averaging a goal every 154 minutes this season for Norwich, then.

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's doing very well to be averaging a goal every 154 minutes this season for Norwich, then.

Exactly. The whole point of the OP is that his Wednesday form increasingly looks like an aberration rather than a long-term trend.

We didn't have the right sort of set-up play for Rhodes to thrive. We pumped long-balls from midfield at him, often surrounded by a couple of defenders, rather than counter-attacking and getting horizontal crosses in. He should have been treated tactically like a poor man's Carroll rather than a Sheringham \ Heskey style link-up player.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Norwich 925 minutes 6 goals = goal every 154 minutes

Owls 2900 minutes 8 goals = goal every 360 minutes

All other clubs he scored a goal every 150-200 minutes.

Why?

(only included League)

Not interested get shut. 

13 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Rhodes is similar to me can go age's without a goal then has a rash of them.  I go ages without been plussed on OT then get loads for no apparent reason... Football eh?

Here you go :biggrin:

giphy (1).gif

Ooops forgot to plus you. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hookowl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3