1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Sorry mate but you're wrong.  Ask Chelsea fans how good he was.

Your talking wet, Chelsea were allegedly a great team and won 2 fa cups in his time at the club I think. Maybe only one think he left before the second. 

He was good goi g forward but not good defensively. Infact just had to check to make sure I hadn’t imagined him not being defensively good. They lost 65 games of the 215 he was involved in, and that’s when they Chelsea were supposed to be really good. 

• Disagree 1

21 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

our

21 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

At his peak he was, he shouldn’t have been with us , although I love Wednesday he was well above our level

When would you say his peak at Wednesday was?

I remember Big Ron saying Nilsson was the best professional footballer he'd ever had on his books.

Nuf said

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ka58 said:

I see what your trying to do here, the difference is though I was talking about a player, not a team like Chelsea. Nilsson shouldn’t have been in our team he was much better, I already stated that, Petrescu moved to one of the laledged biggest teams at the time. 

Anyone who who knows anything about defending knows what I mean

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, ka58 said:

Sorry couldn’t edit last post. Forgot to add. 

Imo he was at his peak when he arrived at S6 and he was just about dropping from world class to class when he left. In between he was at his peak permanently

• Disagree 1

7 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Sorry couldn’t edit last post. Forgot to add. 

Imo he was at his peak when he arrived at S6 and he was just about dropping from world class to class when he left. In between he was at his peak permanently

Im not trying to catch anyone out I just think the Nilsson thing seems to grow legs every year that passes by.

people now describe him as world class but you would have to question why when he was at his “world class peak” he was available for £350k, was relegated and then playing in the English second tier and no one came in for him.

people are saying he could have played in the Milan back 4 and then forget that Tassotti was playing there who played 600 games for Milan and won pretty much everything and on more than one occassion.

very good player - one of the best in his position at the time in the top flight but I don’t think world class unfortunately. 

12 hours ago, ka58 said:

Im not trying to catch anyone out I just think the Nilsson thing seems to grow legs every year that passes by.

people now describe him as world class but you would have to question why when he was at his “world class peak” he was available for £350k, was relegated and then playing in the English second tier and no one came in for him.

people are saying he could have played in the Milan back 4 and then forget that Tassotti was playing there who played 600 games for Milan and won pretty much everything and on more than one occassion.

very good player - one of the best in his position at the time in the top flight but I don’t think world class unfortunately. 

Well I think that many many people will disagree with you, not just Wednesday fans either.

• Disagree 1

Put my penneth in. Definetly the best full back I have ever seen play for wednesday. And Iv'e been going since 1964. Quality all round.

On 06/02/2019 at 16:43, Mr Meadows said:

best full back we've ever had?

Dunno, but he’s the best I’ve seen by far. I mean, I was gutted when Sterland left but bloody hell, I’d take Nilsson’s Stopping power over Zico’s attacking prowess anyday. After all, a defender’s primary job is to defend

Edited by pgmetcalf