Sam Winnall & Gary Hooper

Fletch Joao Forestieri and Winnall should be our front 4 for the next 18 months...for this season Matias can chip in up top if needed until the summer, and Hooper might make a few before the end of the season. Aaarons is a forward too so got plenty there

No need for Nuhiu anymore and then as much as I like him Hooper will be gone in the summer - as well as Matias and Aarons back to Newcastle so that's 4 players out straight away

10 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Compared to the likes of Taylor-Fletcher, Feeney, and Jeffers yes it really is. Even taking into account the injuries. But you'll get your wish soon and Hooper, Winnal & Rhodes will all be ditched and we'll go back to signing freebies.

Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson, Lee were all free transfers so I will look forward to it 

• Like 1

If Hooper is leaving, we will need to know whether we can replace him. Players like Winnall and Rhodes have been brought in, and are quite simply not good enough to start games at this level. Forestieri and Joao have the quality, and if we could keep him fit, Matias also has that quality. Those four, supplemented by one of Fletcher or Nuhiu, as a Plan B, would be my choices going forward. I’d like to see another forward come in, but that might not be possible. Out of interest, under an embargo, can we sign young players for our development squad? 

Edited by gurujuan

Guest LittleG
11 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Only way players get match fit is to impress in training/non competitive games and earn match time.

No matter how much he impresses in training the only way he is going to get game time is if Pukki gets injured or his goals dry up

On 07/02/2019 at 16:09, S36 OWL said:

I'd still love to see Winnall given a run in the team . He is a proven scorer at this level. 

Agreed.  Would like to see him back up and running again.  

Winnall and Joao up top with Fernando in just behind.  That would be a lethal front three.  

Guest LittleG
3 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Sorry mate, I thought we were talking about Winnall?

Apologies, got my threads mixed up, my wires crossed, my shoes on the wrong feet and my knickers in a twist!