Manager unveiling

At one time it was traditional for the new manager to get a special introduction at their first Hillsborough match.  They get announced and walk out of the tunnel to acclaim from the crowd just before kick off.

I can remember doing this for Turner and Sturrock I think but we've not done for ages.  That's understandable as most of our appointments since have been underwhelming but with the excitement around Bruce could that change on Saturday? 

I always think it a bit cringy.....

The actual manager, smilin' and wavin, but I always see him as thinkin'

"Aye yer rabid mob of know nowts in 6 months you will have the flamin' torches out and be screaming for me decapitation"

I mean..They probably aren't thinking that...

but I can't past me thinking that ..err..thats what they are thinking...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I always think it a bit cringy.....

The actual manager, smilin' and wavin, but I always see him as thinkin'

"Aye yer rabid mob of know nowts in 6 months you will have the flamin' torches out and be screaming for me decapitation"

I mean..They probably aren't thinking that...

but I can't past me thinking that ..err..thats what they are thinking...

Been binge watching Game of Thrones Andy ?.......

Very Barbarian of late ......lol

• Haha 5

20 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Been binge watching Game of Thrones Andy ?.......

Very Barbarian of late ......lol

Mad torchlit villagers runnin' through me head everytime we get within 10 points of going up or down mate

Jos is the first time I can remember for years that I shouted for a managers head on the Kop...Think Eustace was the last....

Edit..No f.ookin' Pleat!!!

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1

Even when BFR came back ..I just sorta pouted like a spurned lover when everyone around was applauding..Its hypocrisy from both sides I suppose...but you couldn't fall out forever with Big Ron....I never shouted for Wilsons, nor Francis' head..I felt sorry for Yorath and Jewel...Shreeves I could never work out, cos he sorta loved being sacked then coming back, then resigning then comi...Then drivin' a taxi...I could never make him out, but I reckon peter Shreeves knew the way it worked and never held a grudge...

Carlos?...I held out for him for ages on here....never shouted for his head,  when everyone was posting he should have gone after the Huddersfield game..I thought that ludicrous..They were right though..He should have.

So me taste in managers is varied, me opinion often wrong..But...I always like to give it time...Its so kneejerk these days...Managers don't have time....but then again.....Jos had too much time, we wasted half a season...Its a tricky one.

I went bats*t crazy when they sacked Sturrock...and Meggo...but Mandaric seemingly knew what he was doing, the jury will forever be out on that one.

So f.ook knows...

I could post    " Bruce out"   now..and be right in time...Its f.ookin' easy.. but I hope he's here in 5 years

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Mad torchlit villagers runnin' through me head everytime we get within 10 points of going up or down mate

Jos is the first time I can remember for years that I shouted for a managers head on the Kop...Think Eustace was the last....

Edit..No f.ookin' Pleat!!!

I see a pattern forming here.. 

It's moon alignment on reflection between the shaving mirrors on Erics , Bayliss and Alfredo's forming the "chrome Dome Pentangle"...

Look out for Terry Hennesey Ralph Coates Bobby Charlton and Noel Brotherston dancing naked around the old man's hut when there isn't a "Y" in the day ....

Here Gert !!!!

Where did you get them mushrooms from we had for Brekkie ?

They tasted a bit off ......:ph34r:

terry-hennessey-derby-country-1971.jpg

23AED87E00000578-0-image-2_1417595904449.jpg

23AECCF500000578-2858295-The_humble_comb_over_shown_off_here_by_two_of_its_finest_exponen-1_1417595904445.jpg

54b7f3bc314d758ae41efc7574a3c8f1.jpg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I see a pattern forming here.. 

It's moon alignment on reflection between the shaving mirrors on Erics , Bayliss and Alfredo's forming the "chrome Dome Pentangle"...

Look out for Terry Hennesey Ralph Coates Bobby Charlton and Noel Brotherston dancing naked around the old man's hut when there isn't a "Y" in the day ....

Here Gert !!!!

Where did you get them mushrooms from we had for Brekkie ?

They tasted a bit off ......:ph34r:

Noel Brotherstone?..he was the Blackburn lad wasn't he..always thought we should have signed him....Thinbk he scored against us the year we took over Ewood, when Mellor got the winner...First time ive ever been frightened at a football match that...probably the most mentalist display of Wednesdaymania I can remember...Folk were just rollin' on the terrace sorta fittin' and bawling nonsense...I think I was one 

• Like 1