Today’s friendly at Scunthorpe

1 hour ago, bobness said:

• Through the door, before it closed
• Through the door, after it was opened

• No, by virtue of being doors, they can be opened and closed. Such is the nature of a door

• No, by definition a game can only be had if there are people around to participate

• Cool story, bro

I hope this cleared it up for you mate.

lol

That’s helped me a treat.

Thanks, bro. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

At a guess

Dawson

Iorfa

Pudil

Van Aken

Lazaar

Abdi

Jones

Kirby

Aarons

Winnall

Matias

apparently (according to Dom Howson) there were no first teamers involved, all Under 23's. Suggestion that Burukov, Nielsen and Stobbs scored the goals but dont know how accurate that is!

9 hours ago, Sonny said:

If no first teamers were involved then the Abdi dream is surely still on.

Plus what the hell does Howson know anyway after his performance on transfer deadline day.

Howson tho,  ffs. Only bloke I know with a camel foot on his chin lol 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, MAL said:

Semolina = wallpaper paste (Exactly)

Sago = Thinner Rice pudding (Near enough)

I was struggling to remember Sago. Pretty sure I didn't mind it. I remember semolina being like wall paper paste and not being too keen but able to eat it.

Tapioca was another. Like frogspawn, but I like it when many others didn't.

Most people like rice pud.

9 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Yeah, semolina's lovely infact, i sometimes buy a tin to have ut at home.  Mix in a teaspoon of jam and you can't beat it.

Ah sago yeah, I'd forgotten about that one, i was thinking tapioca was the disusting one? what was that then?

I'm sure we used to call it 'frogspawn'

https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-sago-pudding.htm

Sago pudding is a sweet pudding made with sago pearls. Sago is made from starch obtained from the trunk of the sago palmtapioca, which is similar to sago, is extracted from the cassava plant root. The sago palm trees are abundantly cultivated in South Asia and are harvested when they are about five years old. The sago palm trunks are sawed open lengthwise and the starchy pulp inside the trunk is extracted. This starchy pulp is used to make sago flour and sago pearls. Both sago and tapioca have the tendency to make the eater vomit and were widely used by the Japanese in their PoW camps to keep the prisoners under control. Later they were adopted in school dinners in the UK in the 1950-1970s as a collective punishment to the pupils. Fondly known as "frogspawn" due to their appearance and texture, an unsuspecting pupil could begin retching from the slightest of smells. Studies have shown that a concentration as low as 2ppm can induce panic attacks. The UN banned the use of sago along with napalm and other chemical weapons at the end of the Vietnam war.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-sago-pudding.htm

Sago pudding is a sweet pudding made with sago pearls. Sago is made from starch obtained from the trunk of the sago palmtapioca, which is similar to sago, is extracted from the cassava plant root. The sago palm trees are abundantly cultivated in South Asia and are harvested when they are about five years old. The sago palm trunks are sawed open lengthwise and the starchy pulp inside the trunk is extracted. This starchy pulp is used to make sago flour and sago pearls. Both sago and tapioca have the tendency to make the eater vomit and were widely used by the Japanese in their PoW camps to keep the prisoners under control. Later they were adopted in school dinners in the UK in the 1950-1970s as a collective punishment to the pupils. Fondly known as "frogspawn" due to their appearance and texture, an unsuspecting pupil could begin retching from the slightest of smells. Studies have shown that a concentration as low as 2ppm can induce panic attacks. The UN banned the use of sago along with napalm and other chemical weapons at the end of the Vietnam war.

Thanks for that, i can't believe how schools made us eat either of those though. 

I'm kinda suspicious on the UN, POW and banning information but nearly all of me believes it

lol

Either way, i hate 1970s/80s schools for making us eat that.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Thanks for that, i can't believe how schools made us eat either of those though. 

I'm kinda suspicious on the UN, POW and banning information but nearly all of me believes it

lol

Do you reckon Jos banned fry ups at Middlewood and put the lads on Sago n  "Agent orange" juice ?........

Now therein lies  a conspiracy theory .......

DkJHlB0WsAAquk9.jpeg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

lol

My mother was a sadist, she fed my sister and I on all that crap. Sago, semolina and tapioca. One saving grace was that she also did rice pudding cooked in the oven with lots of burnt bits on the top. OK I know it was overcooked (she wasn't the worlds greatest cook) but the burnt bits were the best part.

Edited by prowl
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, MAL said:

Semolina = wallpaper paste (Exactly)

Sago = Thinner Rice pudding (Near enough)

I was struggling to remember Sago. Pretty sure I didn't mind it. I remember semolina being like wall paper paste and not being too keen but able to eat it.

10 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Calvin-at-Dinner-calvin-26-hobbes-145791_490_358.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, prowl said:

My mother was a sadist, she fed my sister and I on all that crap. Sago, semolina and tapioca. 

Screenshot_20190206-114526.thumb.png.e5d2c2a7704286ebfed85d95260bda1c.png

Stop getting semolina wrong!

Semolina is sweet and tasty and has a lot of protein and nutritional value whereas the two frogspawns have virtually none.

2 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Screenshot_20190206-114526.thumb.png.e5d2c2a7704286ebfed85d95260bda1c.png

Stop getting semolina wrong!

Semolina is sweet and tasty and has a lot of protein and nutritional value whereas the two frogspawns have virtually none.

Good bit of protein there.......................................................if you're a fish.

Frogspawn.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You do realise we are going to get a reight telling off from Costello n Asteener about this .

Starting food threads without clearance ..

Blame Mycroft if anyone asks .....

You know what Mycroft will say.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Morepork said:

Tapioca......is the nightmare that was school dinners. Well, that and cheese pie!! 

Loved cheese pie at school. In fact I actively seek out cafes with it on the the menu. Last time I found one was in Nottingham about 8 years ago. Had to have a double helping. 

Gi cheese pie back, and on kop. 

• Haha 3