An evening with Paolo do canio

4 hours ago, Alex Hope said:

The memories served up by Di Canio are unrivalled.

We missed out on his peak.

Will refrain from the typical Wednesday narrative...oops.

White boots. Short shorts. Rounding keepers more times than was necessary before tapping one in. Brilliant! 

I've got far better memories of Hirst, Sheridan and in particular, Waddle if I'm honest.

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think the biggest reason he moved to West Ham was it was a London club.

I'd like to think he's doing this tour because he's fallen on hard times. Looking forward to hear that only a handful turn up and the ones that do,  give him a hard time.

15 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Me too, because then we had a team.

But Di Canio was effectively on his own for long periods.

Wim was good but couldn't be arsed.

We didn't have the right managers to maximise his talent.

Only BFR got him and Carbone playing properly but he was moved on all too quickly 

2 hours ago, leono said:

20 years later and the club still hasn't recovered from this moment.

sad but true 

we aren't at all innocent in the handling the ramifications of this fueled prob by ambitions of certain people 

yet this tw@ comes here for an appearance after slagging the club off - wouldn't cross the road to see him 

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

He was a great player for Sheffield Wednesday.

He was a great player for Paolo Di Canio wherever he’s played, a veritable legend in his own lunch box. Not for me I’m afraid, give me the likes of Waddle, Hirst, Sheridan, Nilsson, every time, I just have a soft spot for team players. 

On 05/02/2019 at 15:42, matthefish2002 said:

I think many people do see Carbone and Di Canio as legends for Wednesday. Certainly they were 2 of the most talented players I have seen in my time but both soured they time at Wednesday a bit.

Also I don't think either player probably cares if they are a Wednesday legend or not. Its over 20 years now since they played for us.

Carbone keeps sniffing around the club and claiming his love for the club .Like DiCanio thought kissing the badge was enough to delude most fans. Good as they were both sold us down the river at the first opportunity. 

On 07/02/2019 at 10:47, optimisticowl said:

He was a great player for Paolo Di Canio wherever he’s played, a veritable legend in his own lunch box. Not for me I’m afraid, give me the likes of Waddle, Hirst, Sheridan, Nilsson, every time, I just have a soft spot for team players. 

All internationals who represented their countries. Some reason while DiCanio didnt represent Italy was probably down to DiCanio himself.