An evening with Paolo do canio

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

A brief summary of Di Canios book.... as I remember it..had a theme

I was at Lazio but the manager didn't know what he was doing and and the other players were pap..... Then I was at Juventus but the manager fell out with me he was an idiot picking rubbish players like Baggio and Vialli. .... From there to Napoli where the manager didn't know what he was doing and the other players were pap.... Back to Milan but the new manager wasn't very good .... From there to Celtic but the manager was rubbish and the players pap and we all fell out through no fault of mine.....Then  to Sheffield Wednesday where the manager was rubbish and the club terrible and they fell out with me through no fault of my own. ....

All these clubs.....always trouble...always some manager picking the wrong .... rubbish players..... and people out with me for no reason. 

Managers like Capello and Lippi as well if I'm not mistaken. What a feckin tool. 

5 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Great player but spoiled it with his antics. Had we had a different manager, he could have become our own Cantona.  

Haven't forgiven him for writing in his autobiography that he moved to WHU because 'you can't win trophies with a club like Sheffield Wednesday'.  

Did he win owt with West Ham ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

A brief summary of Di Canios book.... as I remember it..had a theme

I was at Lazio but the manager didn't know what he was doing and and the other players were pap..... Then I was at Juventus but the manager fell out with me he was an idiot picking rubbish players like Baggio and Vialli. .... From there to Napoli where the manager didn't know what he was doing and the other players were pap.... Back to Milan but the new manager wasn't very good .... From there to Celtic but the manager was rubbish and the players pap and we all fell out through no fault of mine.....Then  to Sheffield Wednesday where the manager was rubbish and the club terrible and they fell out with me through no fault of my own. ....

All these clubs.....always trouble...always some manager picking the wrong .... rubbish players..... and people out with me for no reason. 

To be fair, considering he described his time at Wednesday accurately, it's possible he's right about the rest as well...

:picnic:

12 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Great player but spoiled it with his antics. Had we had a different manager, he could have become our own Cantona.  

Haven't forgiven him for writing in his autobiography that he moved to WHU because 'you can't win trophies with a club like Sheffield Wednesday'.  

And West Ham are so much better (historically)? Wow.

Technically, best player I've seen by a mile in our shirt, watching Wednesday for 50 years.

Kept us up on his own, virtually.

Richards sold him down river for a top job at FA.

Contrast that with Fergie's backing after Eric's Kung Fu assault on a Palace fan and you see why we've won 1 major trophy since Owlerton times.

Agree, politically unsavoury but how many big international businessmen are liberal icons?    

Edited by fred mciver