An evening with Paolo do canio

Got some beautiful memories of the bloke and would quite happily have had him as our manager in the "right moment" but he's a selfish, fascistcunt, truth be told and my love has wained as the years went by.....

We handled it bad but he took advantage and I took my mate's lad the Boxing Day when he was supposed to return and he was gutted when he didn't and the rest is history....

Had tickets off his family when he scored that goal away at Southampton and it was a great gesture by him but they said he was atwat too.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Got some beautiful memories of the bloke and would quite happily have had him as our manager in the "right moment" but he's a selfish, fascistcunt, truth be told and my love has wained as the years went by.....

We handled it bad but he took advantage and I took my mate's lad the Boxing Day when he was supposed to return and he was gutted when he didn't and the rest is history....

Had tickets off his family when he scored that goal away at Southampton and it was a great gesture by him but they said he was atwat too.

What a great game that was, but also strange seeing both Hirst and Palmer playing for and scoring for the opposition.

Great talent but not exactly a team player. I wouldn't support the club if they appointed him as manager. I'd stay away until he got the inevitable sack and then return to the fold. The only other person I feel so strongly about is Pleat.

• Thanks 2

Great player but spoiled it with his antics. Had we had a different manager, he could have become our own Cantona.  

Haven't forgiven him for writing in his autobiography that he moved to WHU because 'you can't win trophies with a club like Sheffield Wednesday'.  

13 minutes ago, prowl said:

Great talent but not exactly a team player. I wouldn't support the club if they appointed him as manager. I'd stay away until he got the inevitable sack and then return to the fold. The only other person I feel so strongly about is Pleat.

Pleat took us to 7th even though he did buy some rubbish.

Presume you weren't in the fold when we had Turner and Irvine then?

6 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Great player but spoiled it with his antics. Had we had a different manager, he could have become our own Cantona.  

Haven't forgiven him for writing in his autobiography that he moved to WHU because 'you can't win trophies with a club like Sheffield Wednesday'.  

Is that what he said? I didn't know that.

I wonder how many trophies he won with West ham? (I hope it's none and I'm not mistaken else I'm gonna look a reyt pr1ck).

• Haha 3

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

What a great game that was, but also strange seeing both Hirst and Palmer playing for and scoring for the opposition.

I remember the Southampton fans singing

" Thank you very much for David Hirst, thank you very much, thank you very very much"  to the tune of the old Roses chocolates.

:duntmatter:We responded with the same but saying Jim Magilton!!!

Guest Bulgaria
41 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

Is that what he said? I didn't know that.

I wonder how many trophies he won with West ham? (I hope it's none and I'm not mistaken else I'm gonna look a reyt pr1ck).

They have won nowt since 1980.