A12owl

Steve Bruce and Neil Swarbrick

Surprised he didn't join on deadline day to be honest. Was the ONLY reason Villa took three points from Hillsborough last season.

• Agree 6

4 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Surprised he didn't join on deadline day to be honest. Was the ONLY reason Villa took three points from Hillsborough last season.

Hands down the worst refereeing performance i have ever seen at Hillsborough he was a blatant cheat and didn't even try to be subtle about it 

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

Hands down the worst refereeing performance i have ever seen at Hillsborough he was a blatant cheat and didn't even try to be subtle about it 

It was incredible, if I hadn't been at the game I wouldn't have believed it. Without doubt one of the strangest feelings coming out of Hillsborough. Pleased with the performance, aggrieved we didn't win, down right apoplectic at Swarbrick and Villa's conduct.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Agreed,he fell for every trick that afternoon

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before lol

Dun't worry thesen A12, if ithad been mentioned there'd be a lot of concern for the pontiff's welfare on here by now lol 

• Thanks 1

He's one of our own

He's one of our own

We used to hate him

Now he's one of our own.

• Haha 6

Retired at the end of last season I think. Villa must have paid him more than we realised for that match. As said above, hands down the worst refereeing display I've ever witnessed. Blatant cheating and bias that should have been looked into to ensure it never happened again. He gave us 2 free kicks in 90 minutes. One we took, the other he gave us the advantage. That 2nd one was in our area, the pass out found its way to a villa player and gave them a shot on goal. 

At the time I said I hoped Swarbricks next shït was a hedgehog. Thinking about it I hope he's anally birthed an entire colony of em by now. 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Retired at the end of last season I think. Villa must have paid him more than we realised for that match. As said above, hands down the worst refereeing display I've ever witnessed. Blatant cheating and bias that should have been looked into to ensure it never happened again. He gave us 2 free kicks in 90 minutes. One we took, the other he gave us the advantage. That 2nd one was in our area, the pass out found its way to a villa player and gave them a shot on goal. 

At the time I said I hoped Swarbricks next shït was a hedgehog. Thinking about it I hope he's anally birthed an entire colony of em by now. 

You are correct Lmc. He retired (or was he pushed?) last season. Straight red for diving.lol 

He is now part of the VAR set up. WTF:

6 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It was incredible, if I hadn't been at the game I wouldn't have believed it. Without doubt one of the strangest feelings coming out of Hillsborough. Pleased with the performance, aggrieved we didn't win, down right apoplectic at Swarbrick and Villa's conduct.

I'm normally the first person to defend the ref against our aggrieved fans. But in this case the outrage was justified. Quite honestly, Chansiri should have taken legal action against the FA for failing to provide a competent and objective referee. I'm not saying it would have been successful, but it would have been a treat seeing Swarbrick in the dock trying to justify his touchy-feely behaviour with Villa management and players, and giving us one free kick compared to their 16 or whatever it was.

• Like 1

It’s all water under the bridge now. The good thing is that we now have Steve Bruce and his powers of persuasion. 

Let it it go. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

We didnt manage to get the paperwork  done in time on deadline day . He is joining in the summer on a free transfer. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

It’s all water under the bridge now. The good thing is that we now have Steve Bruce and his powers of persuasion. 

Let it it go. 

Never, been watching/playing football for over 40 years and this was the most inept/biased refereeing performances I have ever witnessed. Infact John Terry was that good I thought he was auditioning for 'celebrity refereeing on ice' or summat. This was the Snodgrass game wasn't it? I was more than incensed.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peacock1961 said:

Never, been watching/playing football for over 40 years and this was the most inept/biased refereeing performances I have ever witnessed. Infact John Terry was that good I thought he was auditioning for 'celebrity refereeing on ice' or summat. This was the Snodgrass game wasn't it? I was more than incensed.   

No good will come of this (unless you’re trying to stir the pot). Let it go. 

Edit: just realised that you are on the wind up. lol

Edited by shandypants

The only time in 40-odd years of watching football that I genuinely thought a ref had been bribed.

It remains THE most incompetent/corrupt/disgusting display of refereeing cheating I have ever seen at a football match at any level.

• Disagree 1

12 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Bang on.

I quite often call referees out for being poo but this guy was blatantly cheating. I honestly can’t believe we didn’t put a report in to the FA about it. 

Can't remember too many times where I've left genuinley seething after a game. 

Needless to say, last year against Villa at home was one of them. 

Swarprick was bias as fizz that day. 

Then you thrown in JT and Snodgrass. Utter joke. 

Edited by SiJ

He can redeem himself in the next villa match and gives them a single free kick and everything else to us lol

13 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Yes but if he's our cheat it might be different.lol