40 man squad

8 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Players out of contract are. Ones in bold I'd keep or try and sign. 

Kieran Westwood

Liam Palmer, Daniel Pudil, Frederik Nielson, Conor O'Grady

Kieran Lee, George Boyd, David Jones, Almen Abdi, Fraser Preston 

Gary Hooper, Marco Matias

Plus the 4 loans going back Hector, Onomah, Aarons, Lazaar. 

Leaves us with 

Cameron Dawson, Joe Wildsmith

Dominic Iorfa, Tom Lees, Joost Van Aken, Jordan Thorniley, Morgan Fox, Ash Baker, Matt Penney, Jack Lee, 

Barry Bannan, Joey Pelupessey, Adam Reach, Sam Hutchinson, Alex Hunt, Jack Stobbs, Connor Kirkby 

Steven Fletcher, Sam Winnall, Atdhe Nuhiu, Lucas Joao, Fernando Forestieri, Jordan Rhodes, 

Unless we sign a few midfielders we are in trouble. Rest of squad looks balanced. Could ship a striker... 

I think we'll offer Matias an extension. I want us to keep Westwood. The rest can go for me. Then we just have to hope we can bring in some players that fit whatever style Bruce wants to play. It's not going to be easy and a big name might have to be sold. We'll survive though, got a feeling Bruce can be our next messiah. 

9 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Kieran Westwood

Leaves us with 

Dominic Iorfa, Tom Lees, Joost Van Aken, Jordan Thorniley, Morgan Fox, Ash Baker, Matt Penney, Jack Lee, 

Barry Bannan, Joey Pelupessey, Adam Reach, Sam Hutchinson, Alex Hunt, Jack Stobbs, Connor Kirkby 

Steven Fletcher, Sam Winnall, Atdhe Nuhiu, Lucas Joao, Fernando Forestieri, Jordan Rhodes, 

From that, the following should be let go at the earliest opportunity:

Wildsmith & Dawson on loan (replaced with experienced keeper of the Bywater ilk if FFP permits)

van Aken

Ash Baker

Matt Penney - on loan

Jack Lee

Joey Pelupessy

Jack Stobbs

Jordan Rhodes

Sam Winnall

cant Believe I forgot bout Abdi. 

Defo stick him on get rid list. 

Of those out of contract I’d keep

Westwood

Palmer

Hooper pending extent of injury. 

Matias jury still out. Like him but sometimes headless chicken with no end product.

way SB is talking there’s defo no budget n he’s got to wheel n deal etc. 

Get rid of fringe players n high earners who don’t play like Abdi n Jones etc and he will be able bring some freebies in 

all of out of contract players can go apart from westwood that's if he takes a pay cut? don't know where this 40 player list comes from? yes we have way too many players who do nothing and need to leave this summer , and we have loads of young lads who are included in that list who are just nowhere near good enough for league football a lot of them are even struggling with u23 football this season that's probably why none of them have gone out on loan to say league 2 as they aint ready , sadly they don't seem to be any progression in them which I just cant understand that over the last 40 years only a small handful have come through to make successful careers in football ,when clubs like forest,leeds,pigs have fetched 100`s through .

53 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

cant Believe I forgot bout Abdi. 

Defo stick him on get rid list. 

Of those out of contract I’d keep

Westwood

Palmer

Hooper pending extent of injury. 

Matias jury still out. Like him but sometimes headless chicken with no end product.

way SB is talking there’s defo no budget n he’s got to wheel n deal etc. 

Get rid of fringe players n high earners who don’t play like Abdi n Jones etc and he will be able bring some freebies in 

He was saying there is no budget as in, apart from FFP, there is no budget. The cash is there.

Edited by keepitsteel89

20 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Thing is with a few people saying they'd keep Matias. Hes played less than 50 games in 4 seasons. Nowhere nesr enough.

Spot on.

People seem to get carried away how good a player when they have a couple of good games.

A talented player but far, far too injury prone and lightweight for me. 

Thanks for your effort, well done for getting back after bad injury problems and good luck in the future but his future should not be with Wednesday.

Think Bruce would want to keep both loanees, Hector AND Onomah. Can remember him waxing lyrical about Onomah while he was at Villa, and he’s already mentioned how excited he’s been by him here. As has been mentioned, we lose a lot of midfield options, in theory anyway, come the end of the season, so if we can get, I’d have thought Onomah would be a shoe in

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Thing is with a few people saying they'd keep Matias. Hes played less than 50 games in 4 seasons. Nowhere nesr enough.

This.

I'd honestly rather have Jermaine Johnson back than Marco Matias getting a contract extension. Players who have consistent injury problems need to be allowed to leave. Our expected budget for the next season or two can't carry players who average less than 15 games a season!

13 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Kieran Westwood

Leaves us with 

See if this had been done right Westwood would have been leaving this summer (he still may) leaving behind a ready Dawson to take over. As it is weve been in that big of a mess we could do with keeping him an extra year to get Dawson ready to hit the heights I think he is capable of hitting.

I am torn on Matias, would sign Hector (if possible), depending on the loans see if we can keep them should they be successful and I know we cant offer Lee anything but would try and get him fit to train with us over the summer and see. Wouldn't keep Palmer.

Of the strikers left, Joao and Forestieri I wouldn't entertain bids for but the rest I would look to offload, except maybe Winnal who offers something different, that's if were looking at bringing one in.

In the next two to three weeks we will get a clear indercation of who will be here next season and who won't be.

(who makes matchday squads, who doesn't)

Think Bruce may have already made up his mind about a few of them and I don't expect to see them feature in his plans much at all.

18 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

See if this had been done right Westwood would have been leaving this summer (he still may) leaving behind a ready Dawson to take over. As it is weve been in that big of a mess we could do with keeping him an extra year to get Dawson ready to hit the heights I think he is capable of hitting.

I am torn on Matias, would sign Hector (if possible), depending on the loans see if we can keep them should they be successful and I know we cant offer Lee anything but would try and get him fit to train with us over the summer and see. Wouldn't keep Palmer.

Of the strikers left, Joao and Forestieri I wouldn't entertain bids for but the rest I would look to offload, except maybe Winnal who offers something different, that's if were looking at bringing one in.

I think Winnall is a cert to go in the summer.  And I think Palmer will earn himself a new deal with ease.

Agree with Matias. If he stays I will say fair enough. If he goes I will say fair enough.

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Think Bruce would want to keep both loanees, Hector AND Onomah. Can remember him waxing lyrical about Onomah while he was at Villa, and he’s already mentioned how excited he’s been by him here. As has been mentioned, we lose a lot of midfield options, in theory anyway, come the end of the season, so if we can get, I’d have thought Onomah would be a shoe in

..and yet he didn't try to re-sign him for Villa last summer. Went for McGinn instead. I wouldn't assume anything. Let's see how the boy does. I'd just like to see more of him. 

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

I think Winnall is a cert to go in the summer.  And I think Palmer will earn himself a new deal with ease.

Agree with Matias. If he stays I will say fair enough. If he goes I will say fair enough.

I agree with regards to Winnall, I just think he'd get a chance if it was me.

Palmer ? With Iorfa signing and Baker as back up wouldn't see Palmer getting a new one myself but could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Palmer ? With Iorfa signing and Baker as back up wouldn't see Palmer getting a new one myself but could be wrong.

Baker isn’t ready to be back up He should have gone out on loan, so he could have got more games under his belt

12 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Who said Iorfa is here to play right back all the time.?

Palmer continues him current form from now till the end of the season then there is no reason why Bruce wont keep him on.

Not like he is going to be demanding 30k a week is it.