Good odds?

1 hour ago, gazzatheowl said:

just had a look on William Hill.

Preston are 50/1 to make the playoffs but 33/1 to finish top six.

we are 40/1 on both.

Yea, crazy odds!

What's the difference?

Betvictor's  similar.     Top 6 finish  -  33/1

Play-off finish  -  66/1

Doesn't make sense to me.:wacko:

Perhaps 'play-off finish' means you are predicting your team to finish in places 3 to 6.

i.e. you won't be paid out if they finish in top 2 unless you have wagered  'top 6'.

Edited by oldtawnyowl

Got £50 on @ 5-1 for a top half finish the day Jos was flushed.

Underperforming side held back by his lack of managerial ability and the strange choice to freeze our best players out.

Edited by Prince

Pretty sure OP is a self-confirmed grunter and possibly on a bit of a wind up.....Bless....

There's a sort of cuteness to it really when you think about it.

Seasons end when they finish and there is a very long way to go.

You'd think they'd learn but they never will or do.  Best of luck Sheffield United in what now is the year of the pig.

Been right up there all season and now it's simply yours to lose.....

No pressure.

2 hours ago, eckington owl said:

125/1 for a top six finish. Put that on about 10 minutes after Jos was sacked. Highly likely I’ve wasted a tenner, but I was half cut and skipping round the room with joy that he’d gone so I don’t care. 

D21D812C-0F3C-47D1-89CB-8560FBD4E432.png

Quick, cash out

11 hours ago, Pale Rider said:

All the new found optimism is fantastic. I hope SB can work a miracle. I do think we need to keep a modicum of reality in mind though and give Steve the time he needs. 

exactly,think 1 or 2 getting a bit ahead of themselves on here

9pts off playoffs with a game in hand and next  5 games winnable would say we have a chance of top 6 a lot better than the 40-1 odds but to have that chance of top 6 we need to score 2-3 goals consistently ,if we had a fit and firing hooper and a Antonio type in the side we would have a chance but sadly we have neither ,fletcher scores about 1 in 10 chances he gets missed several decent chances this season he should have nearer 20 goals than the 6-7 he has . but nothing is impossible and might as well have ago seen that we have seen relegation off what was certain under jos. 

9 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Pretty sure OP is a self-confirmed grunter and possibly on a bit of a wind up.....Bless....

There's a sort of cuteness to it really when you think about it.

Seasons end when they finish and there is a very long way to go.

You'd think they'd learn but they never will or do.  Best of luck Sheffield United in what now is the year of the pig.

Been right up there all season and now it's simply yours to lose.....

No pressure.

Why would it a wind up if I was telling people to get on it at 5/1 then 7/2????

I'll  give you a "like" if that's what your after.

Edited by BECKS-TO-BUD

12 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

There's a sort of cuteness to it really when you think about 

3 hours ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

Why would it a wind up if I was telling people to get on it at 5/1 then 7/2????

I'll  give you a "like" if that's what your after.

Think you might be right SOB2.

Maybe gives the game away by offering a "like". Isn't that a term used on one of the Pig forums?

Owlstalk prefers the "agree"  (previously known as the plus) button.:picnic:

5 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Think you might be right SOB2.

Maybe gives the game away by offering a "like". Isn't that a term used on one of the Pig forums?

Owlstalk prefers the "agree"  (previously known as the plus) button.:picnic:

Def right about him being one of them and  will give him the benefit re. his motives and let him enjoy his New Years Day.

On 5 February 2019 at 09:03, handworth52 said:

9pts off playoffs with a game in hand and next  5 games winnable would say we have a chance of top 6 a lot better than the 40-1 odds but to have that chance of top 6 we need to score 2-3 goals consistently ,if we had a fit and firing hooper and a Antonio type in the side we would have a chance but sadly we have neither ,fletcher scores about 1 in 10 chances he gets missed several decent chances this season he should have nearer 20 goals than the 6-7 he has . but nothing is impossible and might as well have ago seen that we have seen relegation off what was certain under jos. 

We don't have a game in hand on the teams in 6th and 7th position. Whilst we do have a game in hand over the teams above us up to 8th that irrelevant in the context of a top six finish.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

We don't have a game in hand on the teams in 6th and 7th position. Whilst we do have a game in hand over the teams above us up to 8th that irrelevant in the context of a top six finish.

just need to beat derby and Bristol city then its game on