Clowns on Praise or grumble (and not all of them are blunts)

At the moment he's the "best" we have available in that position. 

Yes he's he can be  injury prone, but so is 90% of our squad. 

He can be a tad reckless in the tackle at times and over enthusiastic, but seems to be trying curb that a little since he's returned to the side and maybe Sam himself has realised that way he'll get more games and less injuries. 

He brings us leadership, organisation and drive adding a presence in midfield that is lacking these things otherwise. 

Will Bruce bring In a replacement, maybe FFP and funds permitted, but for now let's just see how much he can add to the side and input into games because I for one would rather see him charging around midfield leading by example than pelepussy or Jones. 

14 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He was cast adrift, with others after the second half shitshow where we could quite easily have lost 4 or 5 nowt.

Except Hutchinson was taken off at half time which puts somewhat of a hole in your theory that it was after "the second half shitshow"

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

And that is his achilles heel, can he play week in and week out, with his injury record?.

At best he is a 25 games a season player.

So far he has been playing week in week out.  Lets hope that remains the case.  I think we could get 30-35 games out of him a season.  Maybe more, maybe less, only time will tell.  

If I asked you two years ago which player out of Kieran Lee and Hutchinson would most likely be able to play week in week out, and which player would be most likely to get a potential career ending injury?  

That's the crazy thing about football.  

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Except Hutchinson was taken off at half time which puts somewhat of a hole in your theory that it was after "the second half shitshow"

His taking off/refusal to reappear/row with Jos etc sparked the 2nd half shitshow.

I'm not rowing with you but I'll leave you with the simple fact that over recent times there's not much between both his and Adthe's significant contributions and I know how much you love Adthe.

I like and love 'em both in their own way on a good day but let's be honest.....Adthe is the more reliable and capable of delivering when called upon.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

His taking off/refusal to reappear/row with Jos etc sparked the 2nd half shitshow.

I'm not rowing with you but I'll leave you with the simple fact that over recent times there's not much between both his and Adthe's significant contributions and I know how much you love Adthe.

I like and love 'em both in their own way on a good day but let's be honest.....Adthe is the more reliable and capable of delivering when called upon.

Adthe delivers? He would deliver my pizza to the wrong house. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

It seems to be proving very difficult for the Jos In / Hutch Out faction to accept how things have turned out.

This isn't binary, there is no faction and the discussion simply relates to Hutchinson and his contribution during his  time at the club.

I said previously that I would be stupidly happy if he proves me wrong in a big game some time soon and in the meanwhile he just needs to stay fit and keep doing what he's doing as since he came back there is no doubt we've improved as a result.

15 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Arsenal wasn't a big game -  meant fuckall in the scale of things.

Daft penalty on his big day v Chelsea.

Took Lopez's place v Hull and failed.

First penalty v Huddersfield and missed.

Complete fuckup at Brentford and missed 2nd half.

I like him a lot but he's a nearly man and before anyone starts, he's the ome who sets himself up as a warrior.

Perfect example of why we are soft and not just him either.  Harsh but true.

Sorry.

IF thats the case then you need to get rid of several like Fessi who missed a pen and refused to play for us once and others ...

Personally i think Hutch contributes a hell of a lot to our team .. its no surprise that since he's come in to the team that we've got more bite in midfield.

Managed correctly the guy CAN last a full season - he's less reckless now diving in to tackles and getting yellows and reds .. seems Bullen's chat with him to calm things down has worked a lot ..

Still a vital player for me and personally i think he'd make an excellent centre back alongside Hector if we did sign him on and brought in a CDM

6 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

It seems to be proving very difficult for the Jos In / Hutch Out faction to accept how things have turned out.

Didn't know we had a Jos in/Hutch out faction.   Hutch in and Westwood in make a huge difference.  Pudil maybe covering for injury and its nearly back to the Carlos defence which equalled our 17 clean sheets in a season record.   

On 04/02/2019 at 16:15, Daizan10 said:

Gets my goat when people come on and start slagging Hutch. We are a much better team with him and he brings far more than he costs us (He rarely gets sent off). I hope to hell its just a small minority who want Bruce to "get rid" of him as he is a "liability". 

Hutch or Big Dave right? Stop polarizing players one way ir the other to fans and let them just get on with it 

Edited by pgmetcalf

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:58, sonofbert2 said:

Arsenal wasn't a big game -  meant fuckall in the scale of things.

Daft penalty on his big day v Chelsea.

So one home cup game meant fuckall but the other away cup game did?

Talk about massaging facts.

21 minutes ago, Azzy said:

So one home cup game meant fuckall but the other away cup game did?

Talk about massaging facts.

Hutchinson never played for Arsenal, last week's game in the FA Cup was bigger than Arsenal at home in the League Cup and both "meant and was worth" more in the scale of things.

He was arguably our player under the biggest spotlight on the day, live on BBC and he lost his head and gave away a daft penalty with a reckless challenge.

There was probably nobody more disappointed than him to be fair but he did what he did.

He is a good player, very good but great players, even at our level, do the business in the biggest games and we have a few who have been been bestowed greatness but haven't ever truly delivered having being very good in winning the chance to do so.

No massaging of facts from me.